- 07 NovThe Interactive Environments Minor presents the interactive 'TouchSpace' installation at TEDxDelft
- 23 OctNimish Biloria and Jia-Rey Chang @ XV OSSA architectural workshop "Fata Morgana"
- 18 OctLectures "Free-form Design by data-driven components" and "Evolutionary Energy Design" by Bernhard Sommer
- 07 OctNew PhD Canditate Sina Mostafavi joined Hyperbody
- 06 OctChristian Friedrich lecture and workshop at Protospace FabLab Utrecht - Immediate Architecture and protoTAG
- 05 OctPublication 'Complex Temporalities of Interactive Architecture' by Christian Friedrich in Infinite Instances: Studies and Images of Time
- 04 OctChristian Friedrich and Vera Laszlo present Hyperbody protoTAG at Innovation Estafette / Open Data Bazaar
- 20 SepAlireza Hakak lectures at eCAADe'11 on "New perception of virtual environments, Enhancement of creativity"
- 14 SepHyperbody participates in "The Urban Future is Personal" program at PICNIC festival
- 06 SepNew PhD Candidate Jia-Rey Chang explores the development of "SmartGeometry"
Prof. Dr. Michael U. Hensel lectures on "Embedded Architectures and Information-based Design"
June 15th, 2017 - 13:45 @ Protospace, TUD
The talk will focus on two correlated themes: Embedded Architectures and Information-based design. The former constitutes an attempt to intensely integrate architectures with their specific setting, while the latter focuses on design method and chiefly concerns integrative computational design based on data-collection and the upgrading of data into information, data-visualization, and data-processing. The research will be exemplified by works undertaken at the Research Center for Architecture and Tectonics and the Advanced Computational Design Laboratory at the Oslo School of Architecture and Design.
Prof. Dr. Michael U. Hensel is a practicing architect, researcher, educator and writer. His current work focuses on three themes: [i] Performance-oriented Architectures (New Environments and Embedded Architectures), [ii] Integrative Information-based Design, and [iii] interdisciplinary and practice-oriented integrated research and teaching in architecture. He is professor and director of the Research Centre for Architecture and Tectonics at the Oslo School of Architecture and Design, as well as founding and acting chairman of the OCEAN Design Research Association.