- 16 NovHenriette Bier acts as member of the scientific committee of Oxford Journal Interacting with Computers
- 16 NovA. Liu Cheng and H. Bier publish paper on Adaptive Building-Skin Components as Context-Aware Nodes in an Extended Cyber-Physical Network for IEEE World Forum on Internet of Things 2016
- 04 NovTiantian Du and Nimish Biloria hosted the workshop "Transitional Space Design and the Concept of Architectural Thermodynamics"
- 04 NovHenriette Bier appointed as member of the scientific committee of IJAC journal
- 18 OctDr. Nimish Biloria appointed as Scientific Committee member for the CAAD Futures 2017 Conference: Future Trajectories of Computation in Design
- 23 SepHenriette Bier appointed as member of the scientific committee of CAAD Futures 2017: Future Trajectories of Computation in Design
- 23 SepHenriette Bier certified reviewer of Elsevier's Journal of Materials and Design
- 23 SepProf. Kas Oosterhuis speaker at MakeHappen! Inspiration Day 2016
- 16 SepHyperbody graduate students Ralph Cloot and Arwin Hidding in collaboration with Sina Mostafavi and supervised by Kas Oosterhuis design a building for Neurotopia
- 15 SepDr. Nimish Biloria has been appointed as Associate Partner for the LASG (Living Architecture Systems Group), University of Waterloo, Canada
Joint PhD student Tiantian Du joins Hyperbody
Tiantian Du is a PhD candidate in Harbin Institute of Technology, who has a Master Degree in architectural design and theory in the same university. Currently she is a joint PhD student in Hyperbody. She is working on a thesis in architecture design in the early phase driven by the concept of "transitional space". Her research is on "Office Building Design Driven by 'Transitional Space' Using Genetic Algorithm". Transitional space plays an important role in the energy saving and sustainability of the building, especially for the office building. The research aims to set up a system about the relationship between "transitional space" and "architectural space", and apply the system in the architecture design. She is very interested in using the genetic algorithm to find the diverse design solutions with relative evaluation factors. Her research is for a period of 1 year.