- 15 SepDr. Nimish Biloria has been appointed as the Program Committee member for the upcoming ICAT2E2017 conference, Qingdao, China
- 05 SepProf. Kas Oosterhuis speaker at the Cityscape Global Conference taking place 5th September 2016, Conrad Dubai
- 30 AugKas Oosterhuis, Henriette Bier and Nimish Biloria talk about Hyperbody's future in Bnieuws
- 03 AugAlex Liu Cheng and Henriette Bier win the best poster award at ISARC 2016
- 03 Aug3rd of August Henriette Bier presents Design-to-Robotic-Production (D2RP) at the Climate KIC Summer School
- 27 JulAli Reza and Nimish Biloria publish article in Springer Journal: Cognitive Neurodynamics: Navigating abstract virtual environment: an egg study
- 20 JulKas Oosterhuis and Alex Liu Cheng publish papers in archiDOCT vol. 7
- 08 JulJia-Rey Chang will present a cooperating real-time interactive fashion project in "Carrousel de Mimetique" of Immaterialicious.
- 01 Jul1st July, Final Review MSc 2 Design Studio GSM 3 (Game Set and Match 3)
- 27 JunHenriette Bier and Sina Mostafavi publish chapter on Robotic Building in Springer's Architecture and Interaction
New perception of virtual environments, Enhancement of creativity: Increasing dimension of design starting point
eCAADe 2011 Respecting Fragile Places
The main topics of the conference are recognition, development and encouragement of virtual space design which in a consequence respect the problematic of sensitive and even fragile places of our physical and virtual surroundings.
- How do we define the levels of fragility either in physical or in virtual space, or in any fluid architectural endeavours?
- How do we respect the diversity of spatial fragility levels while introducing new design interventions?
- What can be defined as a (eCAADe-) sensitive / responsive / responsible design intervention?
- How to develop physical and virtual laboratories for sensitive / responsive / responsible design interventions?
- How to promote sensitive / responsive / responsible design interventions as members of eCAADe and related communities?
- What is the future of physical and virtual environments, requiring the most sensitive and responsible design interventions?
eCAADe (Education and Research in Computer Aided Architectural Design in Europe) is a non-profit making association of institutions and individuals with a common interest in promoting good practice and sharing information in relation to the application of computational technologies in research and education for architecture and related professions. To further the general aims of the promotion of exchange and collaboration, eCAADe sets out to:
- Create an international information network about CAAD activities;
- Promote the exchange of staff and students between schools that undertake research and teaching in CAAD;
- Foster the creation of closer relations between education, research and practice;
- Establish contact with governmental, international and professional organisations and agencies.
- eCAADe has collaborated with these organisations to devise an exciting international journal for the field called the International Journal of Architectural Computing. Members of eCAADe and conference delegates receive preferential rates for subscription to this journal. We encourage you to both subscribe to the Journal and submit your work to be considered for inclusion in the journal.
The annual conference is a major source of information in this field and members have access to digital proceedings in the cumincad database.
Conference website: http://predmet.fa.uni-lj.si/ecaade2011/