- 04 NovParametric Design Workshop on Form and Component at Southeast University of China
- 29 OctLecture Nimish Biloria at Design + Code Conference at the Ducth Design Week
- 27 Oct'Hypnosis' Lecture and workshop by Peter Macapia/labDORA on developing aggregate architectural studies
- 23 OctTomasz Jaskiewicz, PhD candidate of Hyperbody, presents paper at the ACADIA 2010 conference
- 19 OctDr. Ir. J.C. (Hans) Hubers wins best paper award in ASCAAD 2010 conference in Fez, Maroc
- 15 OctHyperbody invited at Architecture Biennale Beijing 2010: Schools Exhibition
- 14 OctMuscle projects and Minor installation - Cloud_4 featured in the main programme of the Lodz Design Festival in Poland
- 07 OctTomasz Jaskiewicz, PhD candidate of Hyperbody, guest critic at IaaC
Jia-Rey Chang will deliver a lecture in LAVA-Axon Workshop "Kinetic Structure"
Jia-Rey Chang will deliver a lecture on 27th of July in LAVA-Axon workshop, Stuttgart, Germany. The theme of the workshop is called "Kinetic Structure"; hereby Jia-Rey Chang's will mainly focus on the topic of Kinetic, adaptive, transformable, and interactive architectural application in space within the lecture.
LAVA (Laboratory for Visionary Architecture) was founded in 2007 merging future technologies with the patterns of organization found in nature to build a smarter, friendlier, more socially and environmentally responsible future. The "kinetic sculpture" workshop will be the first in a future series of workshops and events where LAVA and its network of collaborators will open themselves to the outside world. The purpose of these workshops for LAVA is to explore new design methods and innovative technologies and at the same time widen their network.
LAVA-AXON and Bollinger+Grohmann will organize a week long workshop on kinetic structures. The aim is to fabricate a functional kinetic that can adapt to various acoustic functional scenarios. Acoustic (Pachyderm) and structural simulation software (Karamba) will be used as design input for the final developed design during the workshop. A final design will be manufactured by CNC and assembled during the workshop week. The workshop is open for both Students. One of the tutor was former HyperBody student: Matthijs la Roi.