- 20 MayHyperbody designs a SynSerre (Synergetic Greenhouse)
- 19 MayBook Launch event iA#4
- 13 MayINDESEM'11: Lecture by Kas Oosterhuis, and 4 Workshops by lead by Hyperbody researchers
- 28 AprArchitects Talk: Kas Oosterhuis & Tomasz Jaskiewicz - Forward to Basics_(In)formed Complexity
- 13 AprBook review "Toward a New Kind of Building" on ArchiNed by Piet Vollaard
- 09 AprTomasz Jaskiewicz participates in Expert Meeting "The Vibrancy Effect" at V2_
- 08 AprHyperbody releases the fourth issue of the iA bookzine series; iA#4: Quantum Architecture
- 06 AprAn interview with Kas Oosterhuis by Martin Pot
- 05 ApriWEB will be transformed to become a living lab for climate research and sustainable solutions of the DUT.
- 04 AprImmediate Architecture - Christian Friedrich gives lecture at ENSA Paris-Malaquais
Ultra Bio refers to the science and technology behind the creative exploration of the microscopic and the ultra-connectivity of the electronic age. It describes the singular voice assimilated within the cloud of ideas, references and the magnitude of diverse connections.
HyperCell- A bio-inspired evolutionary architectural component for real-time spatial adaptation
HyperCell outlines a bio-inspired evolutionary design process with a primary focus on cellular differentiation, adaptation and self-organization via collective decision-making processes. The research thus has its roots in the science of Evolutionary Developmental Biology (Evo-Devo), Embryology and Cellular Biology, Cellular Behavior which exemplify various stages of embryonic growth, cellular behavior and development cycles of an organism. In the HyperCell research, genetic sequences are considered as sets of locally coded relational associations between multiple factors such as the amount of components, material based constraints, and geometric adaptation/degrees of freedom based adaptation abilities etc, which are embedded autonomously within each HyperCell component. Collective intelligence driven decision-making processes are intrinsic to the HypeCell logic for intelligently operating with autonomous componential systems (akin to swarm systems). This subsequently results in user and activity centric global morphology generation in real-time. Practically, the Hyper-Morphology research focuses on a 24/7 economy loop wherein real-time adaptive spatial usage interfaces with contemporary culture of flexible living within spatial constraints in a rapidly urbanizing world.