- 02 JulRobotically-driven Building initiated by Dr.-Ing. Henriette Bier has received funding from 3TU.Bouw and will be implemented in collaboration with CITG-TUD, TUE, ONL and Mebin
- 02 JulAchilleas Psyllidis is presenting at the 10th IEEE International Conference on Intelligent Environments (IE'14)
- 27 JunFinal presentation: MSc2 Inter-performing environments Design studio
- 12 JunAchilleas Psyllidis is guest lecturer at Second Nature summer school
- 03 JunLecture – Urban Informatics: Promises and Potentials by Achilleas Psyllidis
- 28 MayLecture: Architecture of Change by Branko Kolarevic in protoSPACE
- 28 MayInter-performing environments: update on Hyperbody MSc2 prototypes for the EU culture program Metabody
- 19 MayDr. Nimish Biloria appointed as Doctoral defence committee member at Ècole nationale supèrieure d'architecture Paris-Malaquais
- 14 MayDr. Nimish Biloria appointed as Scientific Committee member at the ICONARCH II, Innovative approaches in Architecture and Planning, Konya, Turkey
- 29 AprAchilleas Psyllidis's paper is accepted for the 10th IEEE International Conference on Intelligent Environments (IE'14)
Kas Oosterhuis exhibits his parametric Body Chair at Design Days Dubai 2017 from 14-18 March 2017
The Body Chair is a radically parameterized design for a family of Made to Measure comfortable lounge chairs. The Body Chair consists of 28 pairs of 56 triangular base components, parametrically designed as to allow for endless geometric variations. The revolutionary asset of the Body Chair is that all constituting components such as the legs, the seating and the back, are all members of one and the same design system, based on one parametric detail.
This user centric Make Your Own shaping process is driven by the web based application at www.byyu.eu, allowing the customers to shape their own personal chair. The customers become co-creators shaping their personal geometry of their personalized chair. From the web based app to the production of the 28 components the design to production process is fully automated.