- 21 SepAGILE FAB, Busting the last ghosts of modernism - Hyperbody organizes an international workshop taking place from 21-25 September 2015
- 16 SepThe Robotic Building Team of Hyperbody published a paper on "Design to Robotic Production System for Informed Material Deposition" @ eCAADe 2015
- 07 SepSocialGlass was the official real-time crowd-management platform for SAIL 2015
- 02 SepInteractive Architecture for Delft, lecture and debate by prof. Kas Oosterhuis @ Beta Balie Delft
- 02 SepDr. Nimish Biloria, in an interview with B Nieuws explains the intent and the novelty of the EU Culture project METABODY
- 24 AugSeamless Variation in Design to Robotic Production Processes
- 28 JulDr Nimish Biloria speaker at the Living Machines conference on Biomimetic and Biohybrid Systems, 28-31 July 2015, Barcelona, Spain
- 27 JulJia-Rey Chang will deliver a lecture in LAVA-Axon Workshop "Kinetic Structure"
- 14 JulHyperbody's METABODY team exhibits 1:1 real-time interactive installations at the METATOPIA public event taking place 14th - 25th July at Media Lab Prado, Madrid, Spain
- 09 JulAchilleas Psyllidis gives 2 presentations at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) for the purpose of CUPUM 2015
New perception of virtual environments, Enhancement of creativity: Increasing dimension of design starting point
eCAADe 2011 Respecting Fragile Places
The main topics of the conference are recognition, development and encouragement of virtual space design which in a consequence respect the problematic of sensitive and even fragile places of our physical and virtual surroundings.
- How do we define the levels of fragility either in physical or in virtual space, or in any fluid architectural endeavours?
- How do we respect the diversity of spatial fragility levels while introducing new design interventions?
- What can be defined as a (eCAADe-) sensitive / responsive / responsible design intervention?
- How to develop physical and virtual laboratories for sensitive / responsive / responsible design interventions?
- How to promote sensitive / responsive / responsible design interventions as members of eCAADe and related communities?
- What is the future of physical and virtual environments, requiring the most sensitive and responsible design interventions?
eCAADe (Education and Research in Computer Aided Architectural Design in Europe) is a non-profit making association of institutions and individuals with a common interest in promoting good practice and sharing information in relation to the application of computational technologies in research and education for architecture and related professions. To further the general aims of the promotion of exchange and collaboration, eCAADe sets out to:
- Create an international information network about CAAD activities;
- Promote the exchange of staff and students between schools that undertake research and teaching in CAAD;
- Foster the creation of closer relations between education, research and practice;
- Establish contact with governmental, international and professional organisations and agencies.
- eCAADe has collaborated with these organisations to devise an exciting international journal for the field called the International Journal of Architectural Computing. Members of eCAADe and conference delegates receive preferential rates for subscription to this journal. We encourage you to both subscribe to the Journal and submit your work to be considered for inclusion in the journal.
The annual conference is a major source of information in this field and members have access to digital proceedings in the cumincad database.
Conference website: http://predmet.fa.uni-lj.si/ecaade2011/