- 23 MarLecture "Mapping Web Space & Politics, 1992-2012" by Richard Rogers
- 18 MarInterview Kas Oosterhuis for B-Nieuws #07 'Simply Complex'
- 17 MarKas Oosterhuis keynote speaker at the 361° Conference 2012
- 17 Febpresentation NetworkLAB (by Tomasz Jaskiewicz) at Social Cities of Tomorrow conference
- 05 JanDr. Nimish Biloria gives opening talk for the lecture series on "Architecture as Process"
- 12 DecWorkshop robotic fabrication by Gregory Epps & Daniel Piker
- 24 NovHyperbody invites you to enrol in the MSc Program: Non-Standard and Interactive Architecture
- 21 NovWorkshop robotic fabrication by Wes McGee & Dave Pigram
- 16 Nov2 Hyperbody graduation projects from 9 BK projects selected for Archiprix at national level
- 07 NovJelle Feringa lectures at the Open Thesis Fabrication program @IAAC, Barcelona
- By: Xin Xia
- 4EA cognitive approach, interactive spaces, human, Shared Circuits Model, Embodied, embedded, enactive, extended mind, affective, multi-loop, active perception, experience
Paper presentation Xin Xia at the ENHSA/EAAE Conference - Rethinking the Human in Technology-Driven Architecture
ENHSA/EAAE Internationa Conference: Rethinking the Human in Technology-Driven Architecture is organized by the Center for Mediterranean Architecture, Technical University of Crete, Faculty of Architecture, at Chania, Crete, Greece, on 30-31 August 2011.
... Is it possible to find the human being in IT driven architecture? Is it possible to have an adaptive architecture in which the presence of the human being will be more influential and decisive? Can the contemporary technological means assure a value-based responsive architecture? Can we have an architectural production, which will not only reflect some of the abilities, constructions and properties of the alive, but will also be made to be receptive to the senses, the feelings, emotions and sensations of the human being which will inhabit it? Can we use advanced information technology to protect architecture from becoming a consumable, self-complacent object, fascinating for its elementary intelligence, admired for its advanced technical competences, attractive for its formal peculiarity but distant from those who are invited to appropriate it by investing in its spaces and forms feelings, aspirations, cultural attitudes, and values emerging from social life?
The conference will be structured upon the following four main sessions:
Re-thinking a critically responsive architecture.
Re-searching a critically responsive architecture.
Re-scripting and fabricating a critically responsive architecture.
Teaching a critically responsive architecture.
Fewer than 15 papers have been selected for a presentation slot of 20 minutes in a single session. Xin Xia's paper "A 4EA Cognitive Approach for Rethinking the Human in Interactive Spaces" is one of them.