- 15 AugCall for Papers for Next Generation Building, Vol. 4, 2017: Building-as-Apparatus or Cyber-physical Apparatization in/of Architecture
- 04 JulThesis defence Alireza Mahdizadeh Hakak: Enhancing [spatial] creativity
- 29 JunHenriette Bier is invited speaker at Border Sessions 2017 in Den Haag
- 28 JunH. Bier, R. Schmehl, S. Mostafavi, A. Anton and S. Bodea publish paper on Kite-Powered Design-to-Robotic-Production for Affordable Building on Demand
- 28 JunA.Liu Cheng, H. Bier, G. Latorre, B. Kemper and D. Fischer publish a paper on A High-Resolution Intelligence Implementation based on D2RP&O strategies
- 15 JunProf. Dr. Michael U. Hensel lectures on "Embedded Architectures and Information-based Design"
- 08 JunKas Oosterhuis lectures at De Persgroep Advertiser's Summit 2017 "De kunst van het onderscheiden"
- 01 JunHenriette Bier and Sina Mostafavi review student work on D2RP&O at Dessau Institute of Architecture
- 01 JunKas Oosterhuis lectures at Brain Bar Budapest 2017 "talking about the future"
- 12 MayDr Gennaro Senatore lectures on "Adaptive Structures: Infinitely Stiff, Extremely Slender, Ultra-Light Weight"
Wednesday January 27, 2016 at 10:00am in protoSPACE
BROADCAST: View online the presentations
The Hyperbody EXPO 2025 Design Studio anticipates Rotterdam's bid to host the World Expo, an event that tackles global problems through innovation and cultural exchange.
World Expo Rotterdam 2025 supports the move towards a new, sustainable reality. A reality in which we restore and preserve what we have and work together with businesses, governments and communities to create strategies for a smart, green and more resilient economy. Throughout this academic semester we have explored Changing Currents as the main theme of the studio.
Divided in ten groups, Hyperbody MSc.1 students explore leading subjects relevant for the first quarter of this century. They implement the Changing Currents theme through groundbreaking architectural solutions related to: decentralized networks, interactivity, water in the city, clean energy and Terraforming.
Join us, Wednesday 27th January 2016, for an exciting final review of our work, accompanied by a debate able to critically position Rotterdam within the World Expo 2025 race!
Kas Oosterhuis, Nimish Biloria, Henriette Bier, Ana Anton, Serban Bodea, Roel Van de Straat