- 15 AugCall for Papers for Next Generation Building, Vol. 4, 2017: Building-as-Apparatus or Cyber-physical Apparatization in/of Architecture
- 04 JulThesis defence Alireza Mahdizadeh Hakak: Enhancing [spatial] creativity
- 29 JunHenriette Bier is invited speaker at Border Sessions 2017 in Den Haag
- 28 JunH. Bier, R. Schmehl, S. Mostafavi, A. Anton and S. Bodea publish paper on Kite-Powered Design-to-Robotic-Production for Affordable Building on Demand
- 28 JunA.Liu Cheng, H. Bier, G. Latorre, B. Kemper and D. Fischer publish a paper on A High-Resolution Intelligence Implementation based on D2RP&O strategies
- 15 JunProf. Dr. Michael U. Hensel lectures on "Embedded Architectures and Information-based Design"
- 08 JunKas Oosterhuis lectures at De Persgroep Advertiser's Summit 2017 "De kunst van het onderscheiden"
- 01 JunHenriette Bier and Sina Mostafavi review student work on D2RP&O at Dessau Institute of Architecture
- 01 JunKas Oosterhuis lectures at Brain Bar Budapest 2017 "talking about the future"
- 12 MayDr Gennaro Senatore lectures on "Adaptive Structures: Infinitely Stiff, Extremely Slender, Ultra-Light Weight"
Kas Oosterhuis, Henriette Bier, Sina Mostafavi and Jelle Feringa lecture at InDeSem 15
InDeSem (International Design Seminar) is organized every two years by students of the faculty of Architecture and the Built Environment of Delft University of Technology. InDeSem is week full of lectures and a workshop were students of the faculty and international students work on a design project with a specific guiding theme. The seminar provides an environment where students, architects, theorists and teachers can engage in conversation with each other about the current and future position of the architect. The purpose of the seminar is to raise awareness of the consequences of the changing society within the architectural world.
With the theme 're.craft' InDeSem 2015 will discuss and reflect on the way emerging technologies may have an impact on the architecture practice. It is about being critical on the available tools, technologies and materials. Looking at the advantages and disadvantages to determine what can be used best to manufacture the wanted form and architecture. By asking critical questions and discuss the changes and opportunities we can develop more insight in our field, but also in the creative sector as a larger whole. Through lectures and a hands-on approach in the form of a workshop ideas will be exchanged and deepened.
Lecture by prof. Kas Oosterhuis
Friday 05 june 17:30 - 18:00, public lecture Oostserre (Orange Hall)
Lecture by Dr.-Ing. Henriette Bier & PhD. cand. Sina Mostafavi
Tuesday 02 june 17:00 - 17:30, public lecture Oostserre (Orange Hall)
Lecture by PhD. cand. Jelle Feringa
Saturday 30 may 10:30 - 11:15, public lecture Rotterdam (RDM Dock)