- 15 AugCall for Papers for Next Generation Building, Vol. 4, 2017: Building-as-Apparatus or Cyber-physical Apparatization in/of Architecture
- 04 JulThesis defence Alireza Mahdizadeh Hakak: Enhancing [spatial] creativity
- 29 JunHenriette Bier is invited speaker at Border Sessions 2017 in Den Haag
- 28 JunH. Bier, R. Schmehl, S. Mostafavi, A. Anton and S. Bodea publish paper on Kite-Powered Design-to-Robotic-Production for Affordable Building on Demand
- 28 JunA.Liu Cheng, H. Bier, G. Latorre, B. Kemper and D. Fischer publish a paper on A High-Resolution Intelligence Implementation based on D2RP&O strategies
- 15 JunProf. Dr. Michael U. Hensel lectures on "Embedded Architectures and Information-based Design"
- 08 JunKas Oosterhuis lectures at De Persgroep Advertiser's Summit 2017 "De kunst van het onderscheiden"
- 01 JunHenriette Bier and Sina Mostafavi review student work on D2RP&O at Dessau Institute of Architecture
- 01 JunKas Oosterhuis lectures at Brain Bar Budapest 2017 "talking about the future"
- 12 MayDr Gennaro Senatore lectures on "Adaptive Structures: Infinitely Stiff, Extremely Slender, Ultra-Light Weight"
Prof. Dr. Michael U. Hensel lectures on "Embedded Architectures and Information-based Design"
June 15th, 2017 - 13:45 @ Protospace, TUD
The talk will focus on two correlated themes: Embedded Architectures and Information-based design. The former constitutes an attempt to intensely integrate architectures with their specific setting, while the latter focuses on design method and chiefly concerns integrative computational design based on data-collection and the upgrading of data into information, data-visualization, and data-processing. The research will be exemplified by works undertaken at the Research Center for Architecture and Tectonics and the Advanced Computational Design Laboratory at the Oslo School of Architecture and Design.
Prof. Dr. Michael U. Hensel is a practicing architect, researcher, educator and writer. His current work focuses on three themes: [i] Performance-oriented Architectures (New Environments and Embedded Architectures), [ii] Integrative Information-based Design, and [iii] interdisciplinary and practice-oriented integrated research and teaching in architecture. He is professor and director of the Research Centre for Architecture and Tectonics at the Oslo School of Architecture and Design, as well as founding and acting chairman of the OCEAN Design Research Association.