- 15 AugCall for Papers for Next Generation Building, Vol. 4, 2017: Building-as-Apparatus or Cyber-physical Apparatization in/of Architecture
- 04 JulThesis defence Alireza Mahdizadeh Hakak: Enhancing [spatial] creativity
- 29 JunHenriette Bier is invited speaker at Border Sessions 2017 in Den Haag
- 28 JunH. Bier, R. Schmehl, S. Mostafavi, A. Anton and S. Bodea publish paper on Kite-Powered Design-to-Robotic-Production for Affordable Building on Demand
- 28 JunA.Liu Cheng, H. Bier, G. Latorre, B. Kemper and D. Fischer publish a paper on A High-Resolution Intelligence Implementation based on D2RP&O strategies
- 15 JunProf. Dr. Michael U. Hensel lectures on "Embedded Architectures and Information-based Design"
- 08 JunKas Oosterhuis lectures at De Persgroep Advertiser's Summit 2017 "De kunst van het onderscheiden"
- 01 JunHenriette Bier and Sina Mostafavi review student work on D2RP&O at Dessau Institute of Architecture
- 01 JunKas Oosterhuis lectures at Brain Bar Budapest 2017 "talking about the future"
- 12 MayDr Gennaro Senatore lectures on "Adaptive Structures: Infinitely Stiff, Extremely Slender, Ultra-Light Weight"
In the 2012 - 2013 MSc2 design studio semester the student's focused on developing real-time adaptive housing typologies for a compact multi-modal apartment of 50 square meters. The project involved the design, fabrication and assembly of five prototypes displaying spatial, ambient and social interaction based apartment adaptations in order to provide the luxury of a 100 square meter apartment from a 50 square meter footprint. The project was developed in active collaboration with Blauwhoed a leading Dutch real estate developer based in Rotterdam.
The resulting 1:1 prototypes will be presented by the students on 28 November in Casco Delfshaven in Rotterdam.
15:00 - 15:30 coffee/tea
15:30 - 16:00 presentation by Phillip Smits and Kas Oosterhuis
16:00 - 16:30 prototype presentations
16:30 - 17:30 drinks
To register email to jscheefers AA blauwhoed DDD nl or call 010-453 51 64.
Location: Achterhaven 148, 3024 RC
Pop Up Apartment