- 29 JanDr. Nimish Biloria appointed as board member OCEAN Design Research Association
- 29 JanNext Generation Building special issue: info-matter, edited by Dr. Nimish Biloria and Matias Del Campo is out now.
- 27 JanFinal Review MSc1 Design Studio: EXPO 2025 (World Expo Rotterdam 2025)
- 26 JanHenriette Bier and Sina Mostafavi publish paper on Structural Optimization for Materially Informed D2RP
- 15 JanJoint PhD student Tiantian Du joins Hyperbody
- 12 Jan Henriette Bier and Sina Mostafavi discuss how robotic processes improve the built environment in Delta interview
- 04 JanFibrous Smart Material Topologies initiated by Dr. Nimish Biloria has received funding from 3TU.Bouw and will be implemented in collaboration with TU Eindhoven, U Twente and EURECAT
- 26 NovHyperbody MSc2 studios "Design To Robotic Production" and "Inter-Activating Environments" prototypes at exhibition "Synthetic 2015"
- 24 NovProf. Kas Oosterhuis will lecture at Dubai Chamber of Commerce on 24th of November at 13:30. The lecture is entitled: "Unchaining The Building Industry"
- 12 NovSocialGlass is among the selected projects to be presented at 'De Veranderende Stad' Exhibition in Amsterdam
- By: A. Psyllidis
- Semantic Sensor Web; Ubiquitous Computing; Urban Informatics; Urban Computing; Open participatory platform; Semantic interoperability; Linked Data; IoT; Key performance indicators
Achilleas Psyllidis is presenting at the 10th IEEE International Conference on Intelligent Environments (IE'14)
Achilleas Psyllidis is presenting at the 10th IEEE International Conference on Intelligent Environments (IE'14). The Conference will be held at Shanghai Jiao Tong University (SJTU) from July 2 to July 4, 2014 in Shanghai, China.
OntoPolis: A semantic participatory platform for performance assessment and augmentation of urban environments
Date: Wednesday, July 2, 2014 at 11:30am (Session 1B: Smart City).
Venue: Shanghai Jiao Tong University (SJTU), Xuhui Campus, Haoran Hi-tech Building, Room 309
(55 West Guangyuan Road, Shanghai 200030, China).
The 10th Intelligent Environments conference, associated workshops and forums are organized by the Departments of Computer Science & Engineering with the Department of Automation of Shanghai Jiao Tong University (SJTU).
Intelligent Environments (IEs) use networked computing technology to create environments that are sensitive and responsive to the presence of people. Such environments are as varied as the places people inhabit encompassing settings such as homes, classrooms, factories, transport, clothing and online virtual worlds, They are constructed using a mix of innovative software and hardware concepts and, as such, promote the efficiency of transactions and activities, facilitate presence and participation, improve user experience and enable better or new lifestyles or methods of production. Any aspect of science, engineering, architecture, sociology, government, education or business that touch on these ideas is relevant to this conference. The conference provides a multidisciplinary interactive forum for researchers and practitioners from the above disciplines to present theoretical and practical results of their work.
For information about the program visit:
For general information about this and past Intelligent Environments conferences visit: