- 15 AugCall for Papers for Next Generation Building, Vol. 4, 2017: Building-as-Apparatus or Cyber-physical Apparatization in/of Architecture
- 04 JulThesis defence Alireza Mahdizadeh Hakak: Enhancing [spatial] creativity
- 29 JunHenriette Bier is invited speaker at Border Sessions 2017 in Den Haag
- 28 JunH. Bier, R. Schmehl, S. Mostafavi, A. Anton and S. Bodea publish paper on Kite-Powered Design-to-Robotic-Production for Affordable Building on Demand
- 28 JunA.Liu Cheng, H. Bier, G. Latorre, B. Kemper and D. Fischer publish a paper on A High-Resolution Intelligence Implementation based on D2RP&O strategies
- 15 JunProf. Dr. Michael U. Hensel lectures on "Embedded Architectures and Information-based Design"
- 08 JunKas Oosterhuis lectures at De Persgroep Advertiser's Summit 2017 "De kunst van het onderscheiden"
- 01 JunHenriette Bier and Sina Mostafavi review student work on D2RP&O at Dessau Institute of Architecture
- 01 JunKas Oosterhuis lectures at Brain Bar Budapest 2017 "talking about the future"
- 12 MayDr Gennaro Senatore lectures on "Adaptive Structures: Infinitely Stiff, Extremely Slender, Ultra-Light Weight"
Location: NDSM loods Amsterdam, PickUp Club studio
Date: Friday the 29th of June 2012
Time: 14pm Onwards
Directors: Tomasz Jaskiewicz & Chris Kievid
reNDSM is a project consisting of 14 architectural interventions designed by Hyperbody MSc1 students. Each of those interventions started by identifying qualities and challenges found across the present-day NDSM area, which stem from its unique culture, spatial qualities, relationship to the rest of Amsterdam and its potential to sustainably grow towards a better future. Consequently, the resulting 14 architectural designs present a vision of a bottom-up development of the NDSM approached as a vibrant ecosystem of people, things and spaces, aspiring to show a playful and exciting alternative to a top-down way of planning the future of the area. In this, latest technologies serve an important role, opening up new means of architectural production, inhabitant participation and creation of unprecedented kinds of architecture.
Students will pitch their projects on Friday the 29th of June, 14:00 at NDSM loods, PickUp Club studio. Ca. 1,5h of presentations will be followed by an open discussion on the future of NDSM and on how new ways of building can be of help. Projects will also be published on the website: msc1.hyperbody.nl.