- 24 JunMSc3 InfoMatters Design Studio P2 Review on the 24th June 2011
- 22 JunMSc1 InfoMatters Design Studio Final Reviews
- 21 JunPaper presentation “Collaborative Design Of Parametric Sustainable Architecture” by Hans Hubers at MISBE2011 conference
- 20 JunMSc2 deepFORMATIONS Design Studio final review & prototypes exhibition
- 12 JunHyperbody work featured in the book "The New Mathematics of Architecture" by Mark Burry and Jane Burry
- 11 JunPAN Architects & Hyperbody work illustrated in Zeppelin Magazine (projects featured on the cover)
- 10 Junlecture "Collaborative Parametric Architectural Design" by Hans Hubers at EuropIA Conference
- 10 Junlecture "Programmable Sustainable Architecture" by Kas Oosterhuis at the ENERGYCITY Conference in Graz
- 28 MayAn interview with Tomasz Jaskiewicz by dr. Lasse Gerrits
- 27 MayChristian Friedrich co-tutors Sens[e-Res]ponsive Architecture Workshop in Chania
Rob | Arch 2012
Conference Robot Workshop Rotterdam
other Rob|Arch workshops that take place from the 14th to 16th of December. This effort is part of the International conference on Architectural Robotics, an initiative of the Association for Robots in Architecture.
The workshopRobotics in Architecture
While non-standard design has traditionally been associated with costly manufacturing methods, robotic hotwire cutting (RHWC) breaks with this trend given that complex formwork can be delivered for the approximate cost of normative formwork. As such RHWC is both an enabler, technically, in terms of forms that can be produced, and economically since this can be achieved at little or no additional expense. With the many ongoing predicaments in the construction industry, and the modest cost of delving into robotics, this is an important aspect that is open to further exploration.
Robotic fabrication presents a development platform for such considerations, given the trade-off of precision, ease of integration and programming, robustness, and market availability. As the technology has begun to gain acceptance in the building fabrication industry (admittedly it remains a very small fraction), these methods have started to challenge what type of construction can be delivered within a given budget.
 Coordinator robotic fabrication lab Hyperbody, PhD researcher TU Delft, co-founder Odico, co-founder EZCT Architecture & Design Research
 Co-founder Matter Design, director FABLab, Lecturer University of Michigan