- 15 AugCall for Papers for Next Generation Building, Vol. 4, 2017: Building-as-Apparatus or Cyber-physical Apparatization in/of Architecture
- 04 JulThesis defence Alireza Mahdizadeh Hakak: Enhancing [spatial] creativity
- 29 JunHenriette Bier is invited speaker at Border Sessions 2017 in Den Haag
- 28 JunH. Bier, R. Schmehl, S. Mostafavi, A. Anton and S. Bodea publish paper on Kite-Powered Design-to-Robotic-Production for Affordable Building on Demand
- 28 JunA.Liu Cheng, H. Bier, G. Latorre, B. Kemper and D. Fischer publish a paper on A High-Resolution Intelligence Implementation based on D2RP&O strategies
- 15 JunProf. Dr. Michael U. Hensel lectures on "Embedded Architectures and Information-based Design"
- 08 JunKas Oosterhuis lectures at De Persgroep Advertiser's Summit 2017 "De kunst van het onderscheiden"
- 01 JunHenriette Bier and Sina Mostafavi review student work on D2RP&O at Dessau Institute of Architecture
- 01 JunKas Oosterhuis lectures at Brain Bar Budapest 2017 "talking about the future"
- 12 MayDr Gennaro Senatore lectures on "Adaptive Structures: Infinitely Stiff, Extremely Slender, Ultra-Light Weight"
Time: Monday, 23 April, 10:30
Place: protoSPACE (Zaal D)
Session of MSc1 Media Studies course, on topic of "Cognition, People and Design"
- Lecture one: A 4EA Cognitive Approach for Rethinking the Human in Interactive Spaces (by Xin Xia)
- Lecture two: Designing (for) the Embodiment of Cognition (by Jelle Van Dijk)
Jelle van Dijk graduated in cognitive science at the Radboud University Nijmegen in 2000. He worked at the F.C. Donders Centre for cognitive neuroimaging (Nijmegen) where he developed experience in EEG and fMRI experimentation. He then switched to become one of the founders of the Human Technology course at the Haagse Hogeschool, focusing on better integration of the 'human' and the 'engineering' worlds. One of his continuing interests is in the relation between mind, brain, body, and the environment. In his Phd project Jelle researches the design of two interactive prototypes supporting processes of shared insight formation in groups during creative meetings. Next to his research, Jelle teaches interactive media product design & engineering at Hogeschool Utrecht.