- 15 AugCall for Papers for Next Generation Building, Vol. 4, 2017: Building-as-Apparatus or Cyber-physical Apparatization in/of Architecture
- 04 JulThesis defence Alireza Mahdizadeh Hakak: Enhancing [spatial] creativity
- 29 JunHenriette Bier is invited speaker at Border Sessions 2017 in Den Haag
- 28 JunH. Bier, R. Schmehl, S. Mostafavi, A. Anton and S. Bodea publish paper on Kite-Powered Design-to-Robotic-Production for Affordable Building on Demand
- 28 JunA.Liu Cheng, H. Bier, G. Latorre, B. Kemper and D. Fischer publish a paper on A High-Resolution Intelligence Implementation based on D2RP&O strategies
- 15 JunProf. Dr. Michael U. Hensel lectures on "Embedded Architectures and Information-based Design"
- 08 JunKas Oosterhuis lectures at De Persgroep Advertiser's Summit 2017 "De kunst van het onderscheiden"
- 01 JunHenriette Bier and Sina Mostafavi review student work on D2RP&O at Dessau Institute of Architecture
- 01 JunKas Oosterhuis lectures at Brain Bar Budapest 2017 "talking about the future"
- 12 MayDr Gennaro Senatore lectures on "Adaptive Structures: Infinitely Stiff, Extremely Slender, Ultra-Light Weight"
- By: S. Mostafavi
- Agent-based systems, generative systems, Performance-driven design, Environmental analysis, Design information integration, ACADIA 2014, Design Agency, CECO (Climatic Ecologies)
Sina Mostafavi and Nimish Biloria from Hyperbody with Soungmin Yu from ZHA Published in ACADIA 2014, Design Agency
PhD Candidate Sina Mostafavi and Dr. Nimish Biloria from Hyperbody with Soungmin Yu from Zaha Hadid Architects Published in ACADIA 2014 Design Agency:
Multi-scalar Agent-based complex design systems
The case of CECO (Climatic-Ecologies) studio: Informed generative design systems and performance-driven design workflows
The paper illustrates the application of different types of complex systems for digital form finding and design decision making with underlying methodological and pedagogical aims to emphasize performance-driven design solutions via combining generative methods of complex systems with simulation techniques. The design research examples described in the paper are undertaken within the design studio titled CECO or Climatic-Ecologies, conducted at Hyperbody, TU Delft. The computational models explored within the studio include generative systems such as multi-agent system, cellular automata, recursive systems and L-system. The case studies presented in this paper show the early stages of the design development and the use of agent-based system at both macro, urban, scale to micro, architectural and structural scales, while considering environmental and local site conditions.