- Prof.ir. Kas Oosterhuis
- manager protoFAB
- ir. Chris Kievid
- protofab.cnc AA gmail DDD com
- room D, (Bg.West.200) Faculty of Architecture, Delft University of Technology
protoFAB is hyperBODY's CNC fabrication laboratory. It is located in the back of protoSPACE (Zaal D / BG.West.200) and the RDM Innovation Dock in Rotterdam. We are equipped with a laser cutter (cutting range 850x450mm, materials up to 10mm thick), a milling machine (cutting range 2600x1500x300mm), and 6-axis robots (4x ABB IRB6400 m94a)
For fabrication appointments, please contact protoFAB.cnc AA gmail DDD com.
CNC laser cutters can process a variety of materials. Plywood, MDF, acrylic glass, cardboard are among the most common materials we process. Directly from your CAD data, we are able to cut materials with a thickness from 0,1 mm to 10 mm. The time needed to process a file vary according the amount of cutting and engraving lines, and it is related to the type and the thickness of the material as well. Text for engraves must be exploded and transformed in vectorial information.
REGULATIONS AND POLICIES
1. This document set forth the general regulations for a correct and responsible usage of the protoFAB space and facilities. Read the Regulations and Policies document carefully
LASER CUT PROCEDURE
1. Download the laser template, prepare fabrication file
2. Appointments have to be scheduled by email to protoFAB.cnc AA gmail DDD com. Attach your fabrication file to this email!
3. Materials must to be delivered to protoFAB
1. Pay the amount mentioned below at the desk in the model hall (maquettehal)
2. Ensure the amount you pay ends in .01 cents
3. Send a foto or scan of your payment receipt to protofab.cnc AA gmail DDD com