- 15 SepDr. Nimish Biloria has been appointed as the Program Committee member for the upcoming ICAT2E2017 conference, Qingdao, China
- 05 SepProf. Kas Oosterhuis speaker at the Cityscape Global Conference taking place 5th September 2016, Conrad Dubai
- 30 AugKas Oosterhuis, Henriette Bier and Nimish Biloria talk about Hyperbody's future in Bnieuws
- 03 AugAlex Liu Cheng and Henriette Bier win the best poster award at ISARC 2016
- 03 Aug3rd of August Henriette Bier presents Design-to-Robotic-Production (D2RP) at the Climate KIC Summer School
- 27 JulAli Reza and Nimish Biloria publish article in Springer Journal: Cognitive Neurodynamics: Navigating abstract virtual environment: an egg study
- 20 JulKas Oosterhuis and Alex Liu Cheng publish papers in archiDOCT vol. 7
- 08 JulJia-Rey Chang will present a cooperating real-time interactive fashion project in "Carrousel de Mimetique" of Immaterialicious.
- 01 Jul1st July, Final Review MSc 2 Design Studio GSM 3 (Game Set and Match 3)
- 27 JunHenriette Bier and Sina Mostafavi publish chapter on Robotic Building in Springer's Architecture and Interaction
Ultra Bio refers to the science and technology behind the creative exploration of the microscopic and the ultra-connectivity of the electronic age. It describes the singular voice assimilated within the cloud of ideas, references and the magnitude of diverse connections.
HyperCell- A bio-inspired evolutionary architectural component for real-time spatial adaptation
HyperCell outlines a bio-inspired evolutionary design process with a primary focus on cellular differentiation, adaptation and self-organization via collective decision-making processes. The research thus has its roots in the science of Evolutionary Developmental Biology (Evo-Devo), Embryology and Cellular Biology, Cellular Behavior which exemplify various stages of embryonic growth, cellular behavior and development cycles of an organism. In the HyperCell research, genetic sequences are considered as sets of locally coded relational associations between multiple factors such as the amount of components, material based constraints, and geometric adaptation/degrees of freedom based adaptation abilities etc, which are embedded autonomously within each HyperCell component. Collective intelligence driven decision-making processes are intrinsic to the HypeCell logic for intelligently operating with autonomous componential systems (akin to swarm systems). This subsequently results in user and activity centric global morphology generation in real-time. Practically, the Hyper-Morphology research focuses on a 24/7 economy loop wherein real-time adaptive spatial usage interfaces with contemporary culture of flexible living within spatial constraints in a rapidly urbanizing world.