- 29 JanDr. Nimish Biloria appointed as board member OCEAN Design Research Association
- 29 JanNext Generation Building special issue: info-matter, edited by Dr. Nimish Biloria and Matias Del Campo is out now.
- 27 JanFinal Review MSc1 Design Studio: EXPO 2025 (World Expo Rotterdam 2025)
- 26 JanHenriette Bier and Sina Mostafavi publish paper on Structural Optimization for Materially Informed D2RP
- 15 JanJoint PhD student Tiantian Du joins Hyperbody
- 12 Jan Henriette Bier and Sina Mostafavi discuss how robotic processes improve the built environment in Delta interview
- 04 JanFibrous Smart Material Topologies initiated by Dr. Nimish Biloria has received funding from 3TU.Bouw and will be implemented in collaboration with TU Eindhoven, U Twente and EURECAT
- 26 NovHyperbody MSc2 studios "Design To Robotic Production" and "Inter-Activating Environments" prototypes at exhibition "Synthetic 2015"
- 24 NovProf. Kas Oosterhuis will lecture at Dubai Chamber of Commerce on 24th of November at 13:30. The lecture is entitled: "Unchaining The Building Industry"
- 12 NovSocialGlass is among the selected projects to be presented at 'De Veranderende Stad' Exhibition in Amsterdam
In "Architecture as a Multi-Agent System" PhD candidate Tomasz Jaskiewicz describes how architecture, something we commonly think of as being static and permanent, can become part of an inherently dynamic network of tagged and actively communicating 'things'.
Volume #28: Internet of Things
Volume #28 dives into these new dimensions of reality, into the consequences for design and for our understanding of our own position in the world. Coders and architects are different beings and speak different languages, this issue seems to conclude. Since merging virtual and physical requires knowledge about both worlds, this reality should be overcome. So this Volume is not just about framing the issue, but also about indicating a practice in the making: we call it correlation designing.
This Volume issue includes articles by: