- 25 Jun25 June Jia-Rey Chang lectures at Architecture Days Cluj-Napoca 2016 (Zilele Arhitecturii 2016). The lecture is entitled: "From interFACE to interACT"
- 23 Jun23 June - 1 July, Dr. Nimish Biloria presents Swarm Scapes and associated Swarm intelligence based research at the ICSI 2016
- 23 Jun23rd June, Henriette Bier lectures on D2RP processes and Kite-powered Robotic Building at the Rotterdam Academy of Architecture and Urban Design
- 21 JunProf. Kas Oosterhuis, Dr. Nimish Biloria and PhD candidate Sina Mostafavi lecture at KNAW-symposium "Next Generation Architecture"
- 20 Jun20-21 June Henriette Bier, Ana Anton and Serban Bodea participate in first workshop on Kite-powered Robotic Building Systems
- 20 Jun20 June Sina Mostafavi lectures at AA visiting school 2016 in Istanbul
- 07 Jun7-9 June Henriette Bier lectures and leads a seminar on Robotic Building as Design-to-Robotic-Production and Operation at Roma 3
- 06 Jun6 - 9 June, Dr. Nimish Biloria lectures and develops strategic research collaboration with Cardiff University, UK.
- 03 JunHyperbody showcases two interactive installations at IFoT 2016 Grand Finale
- 01 JunHenriette Bier presents Robotic Environments at ShellMech symposium
New website "Machining Emotion" is launched by the Robotic Painting project team
The Robotic Painting project intends to establish a mutual relationship between human emotions and robotic machines. The Robotic Painting process is based on a series of consecutive steps. It starts with visual artist Ilona Lénárd painting fast and intuitive gestures on paper. These initial sketches are executed with an acrylic brush fixed to a 3d digitizer stylus pen they are augmented with the varying orientations of the stylus and the changing pressures of the marker tip. The augmented points list corresponding to the initial gesture serves as input for the code as written / designed by Ana Maria Anton and Serban Bodea, both designers and programmers. Within this process, our algorithm maps fractal self-similarity on the initial emotive curve, finally loading the file to instruct the giant ABB robot, which will execute its seemingly absurd task with utmost precision. It has been quite exciting to experience the robust robot unscrupulously execute such a delicate paint job on the canvases. The process was co-created by Kas Oosterhuis, creative director of VAA.ONL and head of Hyperbody TU Delft.