- 16 NovHenriette Bier acts as member of the scientific committee of Oxford Journal Interacting with Computers
- 16 NovA. Liu Cheng and H. Bier publish paper on Adaptive Building-Skin Components as Context-Aware Nodes in an Extended Cyber-Physical Network for IEEE World Forum on Internet of Things 2016
- 04 NovTiantian Du and Nimish Biloria hosted the workshop "Transitional Space Design and the Concept of Architectural Thermodynamics"
- 04 NovHenriette Bier appointed as member of the scientific committee of IJAC journal
- 18 OctDr. Nimish Biloria appointed as Scientific Committee member for the CAAD Futures 2017 Conference: Future Trajectories of Computation in Design
- 23 SepHenriette Bier appointed as member of the scientific committee of CAAD Futures 2017: Future Trajectories of Computation in Design
- 23 SepHenriette Bier certified reviewer of Elsevier's Journal of Materials and Design
- 23 SepProf. Kas Oosterhuis speaker at MakeHappen! Inspiration Day 2016
- 16 SepHyperbody graduate students Ralph Cloot and Arwin Hidding in collaboration with Sina Mostafavi and supervised by Kas Oosterhuis design a building for Neurotopia
- 15 SepDr. Nimish Biloria has been appointed as Associate Partner for the LASG (Living Architecture Systems Group), University of Waterloo, Canada
Immediate Architecture - Christian Friedrich will lecture at ENSA Paris-Malaquais on April 4 at 18:30.
How to design, build and house near the speed of human desire. Architectural praxis offers little and slow feedback. As design, building and inhabitation are treated as separate practices, feedback on the overall design takes place only over decades. Immediate Architecture research proposes to surpass these limitations, and to make the speed of change and feedback of architectural practice approach the speed of cognition and reaction of human beings. This should enable people to influence architectural processes more directly. Immediate Architecture is approached in the everyday practices of architecture - in use, building and design - and in the hybrid situations which arise from simultaneous processes. Advanced solutions are presented in each of the fields: interactive architecture, streaming fabrication, behavioural design tools. The results of the research are a series of projects and of applicable methods and tools, which each offer novel qualities in their own area of application.