- 15 AugCall for Papers for Next Generation Building, Vol. 4, 2017: Building-as-Apparatus or Cyber-physical Apparatization in/of Architecture
- 04 JulThesis defence Alireza Mahdizadeh Hakak: Enhancing [spatial] creativity
- 29 JunHenriette Bier is invited speaker at Border Sessions 2017 in Den Haag
- 28 JunH. Bier, R. Schmehl, S. Mostafavi, A. Anton and S. Bodea publish paper on Kite-Powered Design-to-Robotic-Production for Affordable Building on Demand
- 28 JunA.Liu Cheng, H. Bier, G. Latorre, B. Kemper and D. Fischer publish a paper on A High-Resolution Intelligence Implementation based on D2RP&O strategies
- 15 JunProf. Dr. Michael U. Hensel lectures on "Embedded Architectures and Information-based Design"
- 08 JunKas Oosterhuis lectures at De Persgroep Advertiser's Summit 2017 "De kunst van het onderscheiden"
- 01 JunHenriette Bier and Sina Mostafavi review student work on D2RP&O at Dessau Institute of Architecture
- 01 JunKas Oosterhuis lectures at Brain Bar Budapest 2017 "talking about the future"
- 12 MayDr Gennaro Senatore lectures on "Adaptive Structures: Infinitely Stiff, Extremely Slender, Ultra-Light Weight"
Jelle Feringa - Hyperbody TU Delft | EZCT Architecture & Design Research
MSc2 Studio - 1:1 prototype
Fabrication Based Design and RhinoVAULT workshop
The workshop explores the possibilities of combining shell form finding with a fabrication based design detailing approach were explored. The workshop was conducted by Jelle Feringa at the Hyperbody's robotics lab located at the RDM innovation dock in the harbor of Rotterdam. Guest tutors Matthias Rippman and Silvan Oesterle ( ROK-Rippmann Oesterle Knauss / ETH Zurich )in the design of the funicular shape of the prototype which was designed using RhinoVAULT, an interactive structural design tool for compression structures developed by the BLOCK research group at ETH Zurich. Subsequently, 53 unique components were generated using generative design strategies informed by fabrication constraints and construction-aware criteria. All components were later cut from EPS using robotic hot-wire cutting. The finishing was done with fiber glass and acrylic-one to protect the fragile foam. The RDM Vault will host the Robots-in-Architecture workshop, 14- 16th of December, co-taught by Wes McGee & Jelle Feringa.
Hyperbody Msc 2 students:
Monika Augaityte, Suzan Daalmeijer, Lucas ter Hall, Jayson Johnstone, Borys Kozlowski, Anna Marcassoli, Pietro Pizzi, Ioli Plastira, Allesandro Rossi, Mikolaj Schwartz, Bianca Tamasan, Matas Ubarevicius, Paul Van den Hof, Laura Vester, Dezhang Zhou, Manuel Zucchi
Chris Kievid, overseeing the assembly