- 29 JanDr. Nimish Biloria appointed as board member OCEAN Design Research Association
- 29 JanNext Generation Building special issue: info-matter, edited by Dr. Nimish Biloria and Matias Del Campo is out now.
- 27 JanFinal Review MSc1 Design Studio: EXPO 2025 (World Expo Rotterdam 2025)
- 26 JanHenriette Bier and Sina Mostafavi publish paper on Structural Optimization for Materially Informed D2RP
- 15 JanJoint PhD student Tiantian Du joins Hyperbody
- 12 Jan Henriette Bier and Sina Mostafavi discuss how robotic processes improve the built environment in Delta interview
- 04 JanFibrous Smart Material Topologies initiated by Dr. Nimish Biloria has received funding from 3TU.Bouw and will be implemented in collaboration with TU Eindhoven, U Twente and EURECAT
- 26 NovHyperbody MSc2 studios "Design To Robotic Production" and "Inter-Activating Environments" prototypes at exhibition "Synthetic 2015"
- 24 NovProf. Kas Oosterhuis will lecture at Dubai Chamber of Commerce on 24th of November at 13:30. The lecture is entitled: "Unchaining The Building Industry"
- 12 NovSocialGlass is among the selected projects to be presented at 'De Veranderende Stad' Exhibition in Amsterdam
Immediate Architecture - Christian Friedrich will lecture at ENSA Paris-Malaquais on April 4 at 18:30.
How to design, build and house near the speed of human desire. Architectural praxis offers little and slow feedback. As design, building and inhabitation are treated as separate practices, feedback on the overall design takes place only over decades. Immediate Architecture research proposes to surpass these limitations, and to make the speed of change and feedback of architectural practice approach the speed of cognition and reaction of human beings. This should enable people to influence architectural processes more directly. Immediate Architecture is approached in the everyday practices of architecture - in use, building and design - and in the hybrid situations which arise from simultaneous processes. Advanced solutions are presented in each of the fields: interactive architecture, streaming fabrication, behavioural design tools. The results of the research are a series of projects and of applicable methods and tools, which each offer novel qualities in their own area of application.