- 10 DecProf. Kas Oosterhuis lectures at Doha Architecture Forum
- 03 DecAchilleas Psyllidis participates in the Collaborative Innovation Center on Big Data Science between IBM and TU Delft
- 02 DecAlireza Mahdizadeh Hakak is invited for a talk at the 4th Visionair General Assembly, INRIA Rennes, France
- 22 NovAchilleas Psyllidis and Han Feng participate and present at the Urban Systems and Environment Conference in Guangzhou, China
- 20 NovDr. Nimish Biloria gives an Invited Talk, chairs scientific research sessions and operates as Scientific Committee member at ICONARCH II
- 13 NovSina Mostafavi and Nimish Biloria from Hyperbody with Soungmin Yu from ZHA Published in ACADIA 2014, Design Agency
- 13 NovKas Oosterhuis and Henriette Bier are lecturing and chairing session, respectively, at the international conference CCC co-organized by Hyperbody
- 12 NovHenriette Bier lectures at the International Technology Festival Border Sessions 2014 in The Hague
- 11 NovDr. Nimish Biloria and Hyperbody students, showcase real-time interactive prototypes developed for the EU Project: Metabody at the DIG-it! exhibition
- 11 NovAchilleas Psyllidis from Hyperbody together with researchers from Web Information Systems demonstrate the SocialGlass platform prototype at DIG-it!
Hyperbody invites you to the book launch of a new book by prof. Kas Oosterhuis:
Towards a New Kind of Building - A Designers' Guide for Non-Standard Architecture
Time: 18 March 2011 at 15:00
Location: TU Delft, Architecture Faculty, de Oostserre (Orange room)
15.00-15.05 Opening by professor prof ir Karin Laglas, Dean of Faculty of Architecture TU Delft
15.05-15.20 Introduction TANKOB by prof dr Antonino Saggio, Department of Architecture and Urban Design University La Sapienza, Rome
15.20-15.40 Book Launch Towards A New Kind Of Building by Kas Oosterhuis, Professor Hyperbody Faculty of Architecture TU Delft
15.40-16.00 Development of associative design software by prof Robert Aish, Director of Software Development Autodesk
16.00-16.15 Forum with Karin Laglas, Antonino Saggio, Robert Aish and Kas Oosterhuis, discussion leader Antonino Saggio
Introduction of the book:
Non-standard architecture is bespoke architecture. The building of today is designed with digital tools and is produced by means of digitally controlled production. This leads to a revolution in the conception of the nature and realization of the design. Moreover, it prompts a whole new debate about what is beautiful in architecture. In this book Kas Oosterhuis describes his practice and considers his designs in the context of recent social developments, especially in the field of ICT. Two paradigm shifts take centre stage: from architecture based on mass production to architecture based on industrially produced made-to-measure components, and from a static architecture to a dynamic and interactive architecture.
On the road towards the book launch Kas Oosterhuis will tweet statements on the new kind of building and on the changing role of the architect, the expert formerly known as the architect.