- 18 JanHenriette Bier is invited speaker at Facility for Future taking place 18-20 January in 's-Hertogenbosch
- 02 JanJanuary 2nd - January 8th 2017: Dr Nimish Biloria to Lecture and act as External Critique at the Kuwait University.
- 28 DecNext Generation Building issue #3 on Robotic Building edited by Henriette Bier is available now!
- 19 DecDr. Nimish Biloria appointed as Scientific Reviewer for the EKSIG2017 Conference >> ALIVE. ACTIVE. ADAPTIVE.
- 19 DecDr. Nimish Biloria appointed as Scientific Reviewer for the Journal of Mechanical Engineering Science, SAGE Publishing.
- 16 DecProf. Kas Oosterhuis lectures at the KIVI event "The Experience of Movement" at Stedelijk Museum Amsterdam
- 28 NovRegistration for MSc 2 on Robotic Building starting February 2017 opened just now
- 24 NovDr. Nimish Biloria will deliver a Keynote Lecture and operates as a workshop tutor for the Agile Fab International workshop at UniSA
- 22 NovDr. Nimish Biloria will deliver a Keynote Lecture at University of Technology Sydney, Advanced Construction Research Group
- 17 NovAchilleas Psyllidis is defending his PhD dissertation on November 17, 2016 at 12:30h
Immediate Architecture - Christian Friedrich will lecture at ENSA Paris-Malaquais on April 4 at 18:30.
How to design, build and house near the speed of human desire. Architectural praxis offers little and slow feedback. As design, building and inhabitation are treated as separate practices, feedback on the overall design takes place only over decades. Immediate Architecture research proposes to surpass these limitations, and to make the speed of change and feedback of architectural practice approach the speed of cognition and reaction of human beings. This should enable people to influence architectural processes more directly. Immediate Architecture is approached in the everyday practices of architecture - in use, building and design - and in the hybrid situations which arise from simultaneous processes. Advanced solutions are presented in each of the fields: interactive architecture, streaming fabrication, behavioural design tools. The results of the research are a series of projects and of applicable methods and tools, which each offer novel qualities in their own area of application.