- 28 MarHyperbody designs a SynSerre (Synergetic Greenhouse)
- 23 Marguest researcher Ismael Quevedo Medina joins hyperBODY
- 21 MarMarco Verde lecturing at AA Visiting School in Paris
- 18 MarBook launch presentation: Towards a New Kind of Building - A Designers' Guide for Non-Standard Architecture
- 17 MarInteractive Workshop with Prof. Antonino Saggio and Hyperbody
- 09 MarMinor project ‘Linked’ shortlisted project for 3rd International Competition TRIMO URBAN CRASH
- 03 MarLecture by Kas Oosterhuis - New Kind of Building
- 25 FebQuantum Point Cloud Workshop - Spring 2011: Feb 25th - March 15th
- 17 FebProf Kas Oosterhuis entry for the 2011 Buckminster Fuller Challenge: QuantumBIM
- 16 FebSilver DDC Award 2011 for InteractiveWall
Henriette Bier appointed as member of the scientific committee of CAAD Futures 2017: Future Trajectories of Computation in Design
The 17th Conference of CAADFutures (Computer Aided Architectural Design Futures) will be held in Istanbul in 2017 with the theme Future Trajectories of Computations in Design.
The conception of design today becomes more open, communicative and relational. Designers facing this new paradigm are ever active as they focus on the increasing complexity of planning processes, on innovation of new techniques and materials, and on producing multiple levels of abstraction and decomposition rather than on the basic application of a framed profession that is learned. For the designer in the multidisciplinary world of the 21st century, computation provides a powerful medium for the extension of understanding other disciplines.
In accordance with this global change in the field of design, the 17th CAADFutures seeks to establish a foundation for multidisciplinary thinking. The theme calls for relevant ideas from the domains of mathematics, computer science, biology, philosophy, etc. and introduces varying reflections and speculations on the future trajectories of computation in design as well as on the education of designers. In the continued progression of new ways of thinking, establishing such a discourse for the future of computation in design aims not only gathering latest research, design practice and pedagogical results but also to reveal the possible phenomena, factors and forces that will influence these trajectories in design with an exploratory perspective.