- 24 MayProf. Kas Oosterhuis lectures at Polypodium (Beirut Design Week)
- 07 MayDr. Nimish Biloria to serve as a Panelist at the Trans-Arch-Edu-03, Izmir, Turkey
- 20 AprDr Nimish Biloria and PhD candidate Jia Rey Chang publish paper on Swarm Scapes in Springer's Lecture Notes in Computer Science
- 20 AprAlex Liu Cheng and Henriette Bier publish paper on An Extended Ambient Intelligence Implementation for Enhanced Human-Space Interaction
- 20 AprTextrinium exhibited at Center for European Textile Innovation (CETI)
- 18 AprDr. Nimish Biloria appointed as the Scientific Committee member for the ACADIA 2016-Posthuman Frontiers conference, USA.
- 13 AprDr.-Ing. Henriette Bier and PhD-cand. Sina Mostafavi speak at 3rd Digital Knowledge Study Day addressing the question Robots and/or Architecture?
- 14 MarSina Mostafavi and Henriette Bier publish paper on D2RP in Springer's Rob|Arch 2016.
- 17 Feb Prof. Kas Oosterhuis will lecture at The Royal Flemmish Academy of Belgium for Science and the Arts on Wednesday 17th February at 14:30
- 01 Feb1-3 February Henriette Bier is distinguished visiting scientist in Digital Ecologies at IMSE
- By: S. Mostafavi
- Agent-based systems, generative systems, Performance-driven design, Environmental analysis, Design information integration, ACADIA 2014, Design Agency, CECO (Climatic Ecologies)
Sina Mostafavi and Nimish Biloria from Hyperbody with Soungmin Yu from ZHA Published in ACADIA 2014, Design Agency
PhD Candidate Sina Mostafavi and Dr. Nimish Biloria from Hyperbody with Soungmin Yu from Zaha Hadid Architects Published in ACADIA 2014 Design Agency:
Multi-scalar Agent-based complex design systems
The case of CECO (Climatic-Ecologies) studio: Informed generative design systems and performance-driven design workflows
The paper illustrates the application of different types of complex systems for digital form finding and design decision making with underlying methodological and pedagogical aims to emphasize performance-driven design solutions via combining generative methods of complex systems with simulation techniques. The design research examples described in the paper are undertaken within the design studio titled CECO or Climatic-Ecologies, conducted at Hyperbody, TU Delft. The computational models explored within the studio include generative systems such as multi-agent system, cellular automata, recursive systems and L-system. The case studies presented in this paper show the early stages of the design development and the use of agent-based system at both macro, urban, scale to micro, architectural and structural scales, while considering environmental and local site conditions.