- 24 MarInternational Colloquium: Design-to-Robotic-Production & -Operation (D2RP&O)
- 18 Mar18th of March Henriette Bier and Sina Mostafavi participate in international symposium Les formes du digital at the Centre Pompidou
- 14 MarMarch 14th - June 19th Robotic Building team participates in the exhibition Imprimer le monde at the Centre Pompidou
- 14 Mar14 March 15:00h Lecture by Jose Sanchez: Architecture for the commons
- 14 MarKas Oosterhuis holds masterclass The How and Why of Parametric Design on Tuesday 14 March 16.00h during Design Days Dubai 2017
- 14 MarKas Oosterhuis exhibits his parametric Body Chair at Design Days Dubai 2017 from 14-18 March 2017
- 10 FebDr. Nimish Biloria appointed as Scientific Reviewer for the 2017 eCaaDe conference: Sharing of computable Knowledge, ShoCK!
- 06 FebFibrous Smart Material Topologies project to be exhibited at BouwBeurs 2017.
- 03 FebFriday 3 February 2017 at 9:45 in protoSPACE: Final Presentation MSc 1 Design Studio: Design-to-Robotic-Production (D2RP) for SMART Student Housing
- 24 JanHenriette Bier acts as reviewer for Elsevier Journal Automation in Construction
Dr. Nimish Biloria publishes article: Inter-performing morphologies in the Architecture Institute of Korea Magazine: Review of Architecture and Building Sciences (ISSN 1225-1666).
The article exemplifies a paradigm shift in the architectural context by embracing inter-disciplinary approaches towards architectural space making. Conceptualizing and appropriating architecture as an open systemic network provides the designer with opportunities to explore creative methods pertaining to dynamic data flows as well as real-time information processing in order to achieve an intelligent response from the designed entities.
The aforementioned ideas of developing interdependent, highly networked componential interactions akin to the Internet of things, stresses upon scripting localised relations between constituent details of architectural space hence actualising the performance of the built form as an emergent act of communication exchange between the network of details. Information flow becomes a continual process in such real-time interactive spaces, hence converting them into executable processing and reacting systemic entities. Such architectural constructs eventually acquire the characteristics of living entities, sending and receiving information, processing this information locally and producing optimal global output. The intrinsic design decision of enriching the nature of architectural detailing and acquiring an inter-disciplinary work process thus has significant impact on the nature of architectural space and its structuring principles. Such design-informatics based hybrid typologies can be seen as highly logical yet intuitive systemic outputs paving the path for developing performative solutions addressing contemporary contextual complexities. An intuitive interaction, opinionated towards seamless information exchange is thus initiated through these research experiments, hence transforming everyday utilitarian space into an inter-activating network of spatial correlations.