- 10 DecProf. Kas Oosterhuis lectures at Doha Architecture Forum
- 03 DecAchilleas Psyllidis participates in the Collaborative Innovation Center on Big Data Science between IBM and TU Delft
- 02 DecAlireza Mahdizadeh Hakak is invited for a talk at the 4th Visionair General Assembly, INRIA Rennes, France
- 22 NovAchilleas Psyllidis and Han Feng participate and present at the Urban Systems and Environment Conference in Guangzhou, China
- 20 NovDr. Nimish Biloria gives an Invited Talk, chairs scientific research sessions and operates as Scientific Committee member at ICONARCH II
- 13 NovSina Mostafavi and Nimish Biloria from Hyperbody with Soungmin Yu from ZHA Published in ACADIA 2014, Design Agency
- 13 NovKas Oosterhuis and Henriette Bier are lecturing and chairing session, respectively, at the international conference CCC co-organized by Hyperbody
- 12 NovHenriette Bier lectures at the International Technology Festival Border Sessions 2014 in The Hague
- 11 NovDr. Nimish Biloria and Hyperbody students, showcase real-time interactive prototypes developed for the EU Project: Metabody at the DIG-it! exhibition
- 11 NovAchilleas Psyllidis from Hyperbody together with researchers from Web Information Systems demonstrate the SocialGlass platform prototype at DIG-it!
Jia-Rey Chang will deliver a lecture in LAVA-Axon Workshop "Kinetic Structure"
Jia-Rey Chang will deliver a lecture on 27th of July in LAVA-Axon workshop, Stuttgart, Germany. The theme of the workshop is called "Kinetic Structure"; hereby Jia-Rey Chang's will mainly focus on the topic of Kinetic, adaptive, transformable, and interactive architectural application in space within the lecture.
LAVA (Laboratory for Visionary Architecture) was founded in 2007 merging future technologies with the patterns of organization found in nature to build a smarter, friendlier, more socially and environmentally responsible future. The "kinetic sculpture" workshop will be the first in a future series of workshops and events where LAVA and its network of collaborators will open themselves to the outside world. The purpose of these workshops for LAVA is to explore new design methods and innovative technologies and at the same time widen their network.
LAVA-AXON and Bollinger+Grohmann will organize a week long workshop on kinetic structures. The aim is to fabricate a functional kinetic that can adapt to various acoustic functional scenarios. Acoustic (Pachyderm) and structural simulation software (Karamba) will be used as design input for the final developed design during the workshop. A final design will be manufactured by CNC and assembled during the workshop week. The workshop is open for both Students. One of the tutor was former HyperBody student: Matthijs la Roi.