- 24 MayProf. Kas Oosterhuis lectures at Polypodium (Beirut Design Week)
- 07 MayDr. Nimish Biloria to serve as a Panelist at the Trans-Arch-Edu-03, Izmir, Turkey
- 20 AprDr Nimish Biloria and PhD candidate Jia Rey Chang publish paper on Swarm Scapes in Springer's Lecture Notes in Computer Science
- 20 AprAlex Liu Cheng and Henriette Bier publish paper on An Extended Ambient Intelligence Implementation for Enhanced Human-Space Interaction
- 20 AprTextrinium exhibited at Center for European Textile Innovation (CETI)
- 18 AprDr. Nimish Biloria appointed as the Scientific Committee member for the ACADIA 2016-Posthuman Frontiers conference, USA.
- 13 AprDr.-Ing. Henriette Bier and PhD-cand. Sina Mostafavi speak at 3rd Digital Knowledge Study Day addressing the question Robots and/or Architecture?
- 14 MarSina Mostafavi and Henriette Bier publish paper on D2RP in Springer's Rob|Arch 2016.
- 17 Feb Prof. Kas Oosterhuis will lecture at The Royal Flemmish Academy of Belgium for Science and the Arts on Wednesday 17th February at 14:30
- 01 Feb1-3 February Henriette Bier is distinguished visiting scientist in Digital Ecologies at IMSE
In "Architecture as a Multi-Agent System" PhD candidate Tomasz Jaskiewicz describes how architecture, something we commonly think of as being static and permanent, can become part of an inherently dynamic network of tagged and actively communicating 'things'.
Volume #28: Internet of Things
Volume #28 dives into these new dimensions of reality, into the consequences for design and for our understanding of our own position in the world. Coders and architects are different beings and speak different languages, this issue seems to conclude. Since merging virtual and physical requires knowledge about both worlds, this reality should be overcome. So this Volume is not just about framing the issue, but also about indicating a practice in the making: we call it correlation designing.
This Volume issue includes articles by: