- 29 MayHyperbody's Robotic Building team leads a workshop on Design to Robotic Production for Continuous Variation at InDeSem 15
- 28 MayDr Nimish Biloria speaker at the Delft Data Science Seminar on "Social Data Science for Workforce Management"
- 19 MayHenriette Bier co-tutored graduation project that received 1st prize Archiprix National and 1st prize Archiprix International
- 19 MayHenriette Bier publishes chapter on Digitally-driven Design and Architetcure in Neighborhood Technologies Media and Mathematics of Dynamic Networks
- 18 MayAchilleas Psyllidis's paper accepted for publication and demonstration at the 24th International World Wide Web Conference (WWW 2015)
- 18 MayDr. Nimish Biloria lectures at the Architecture Week'15 - Beyond Shape event at the University of Lusofona, Lisbon, Portugal
- 15 MayJia-Rey Chang will deliver a talk in Creative Coding Amsterdam 001 "Inhabitants of the Subterranean"
- 12 AprHenriette Bier presents Robotic Building at TEDxDelft Salon's Crossing Bridges event that deals with the theme The Future
- 09 AprDr. Nimish Biloria invited as Speaker at the worldwide Internet of Things (IoT) event at the V2 Institute for the Unstable Media, Rotterdam
- 09 AprDr. Nimish Biloria to deliver a talk at the The 6th Conference of Urban System and Environment (USE) Joint Research Centre between SCUT and TU Delft
- By: S. Mostafavi
- Agent-based systems, generative systems, Performance-driven design, Environmental analysis, Design information integration, ACADIA 2014, Design Agency, CECO (Climatic Ecologies)
Sina Mostafavi and Nimish Biloria from Hyperbody with Soungmin Yu from ZHA Published in ACADIA 2014, Design Agency
PhD Candidate Sina Mostafavi and Dr. Nimish Biloria from Hyperbody with Soungmin Yu from Zaha Hadid Architects Published in ACADIA 2014 Design Agency:
Multi-scalar Agent-based complex design systems
The case of CECO (Climatic-Ecologies) studio: Informed generative design systems and performance-driven design workflows
The paper illustrates the application of different types of complex systems for digital form finding and design decision making with underlying methodological and pedagogical aims to emphasize performance-driven design solutions via combining generative methods of complex systems with simulation techniques. The design research examples described in the paper are undertaken within the design studio titled CECO or Climatic-Ecologies, conducted at Hyperbody, TU Delft. The computational models explored within the studio include generative systems such as multi-agent system, cellular automata, recursive systems and L-system. The case studies presented in this paper show the early stages of the design development and the use of agent-based system at both macro, urban, scale to micro, architectural and structural scales, while considering environmental and local site conditions.