- 23 AprDr.-Ing. Henriette Bier and PhD cand. Sina Mostafavi speak at symposium on Architectural Ecologies
- 14 AprDr.-Ing. Henriette Bier appointed member of PhD candidates review committee for RCAT at AHO
- 09 AprLecture Kas Oosterhuis at Symposium "Smart City, Smart Environment", Internet Of Things IoT Day Rotterdam
- 05 AprEstablishment of the Sino-Dutch Research Center for Building in Extreme Climates the 27th of March 2014 at Harbin Institute of Technology.
- 04 AprAchilleas Psyllidis and Dr. Nimish Biloria will be presenting at the Research Workshop: Smart Cities and Big Data in Aarhus, Denmark.
- 02 AprProf. Kas Oosterhuis has been invited as a Guest Professor at the Harbin Institute of Technology, P. R. China
- 27 MarProf. Kas Oosterhuis lectures at Harbin Institute of Technology (HIT), Harbin, China
- 25 MarProf. Kas Oosterhuis lectures at the Tongji University, Shanghai, China
- 21 MarJaime del Val, Associacion Transdiciplinar, Reverso lectures at Hyperbody
- 18 MarThe Value of Design 2014 symposium will be led by prof. Kas Oosterhuis
Jia-Rey Chang will deliver a lecture in LAVA-Axon Workshop "Kinetic Structure"
Jia-Rey Chang will deliver a lecture on 27th of July in LAVA-Axon workshop, Stuttgart, Germany. The theme of the workshop is called "Kinetic Structure"; hereby Jia-Rey Chang's will mainly focus on the topic of Kinetic, adaptive, transformable, and interactive architectural application in space within the lecture.
LAVA (Laboratory for Visionary Architecture) was founded in 2007 merging future technologies with the patterns of organization found in nature to build a smarter, friendlier, more socially and environmentally responsible future. The "kinetic sculpture" workshop will be the first in a future series of workshops and events where LAVA and its network of collaborators will open themselves to the outside world. The purpose of these workshops for LAVA is to explore new design methods and innovative technologies and at the same time widen their network.
LAVA-AXON and Bollinger+Grohmann will organize a week long workshop on kinetic structures. The aim is to fabricate a functional kinetic that can adapt to various acoustic functional scenarios. Acoustic (Pachyderm) and structural simulation software (Karamba) will be used as design input for the final developed design during the workshop. A final design will be manufactured by CNC and assembled during the workshop week. The workshop is open for both Students. One of the tutor was former HyperBody student: Matthijs la Roi.