- 24 MarInternational Colloquium: Design-to-Robotic-Production & -Operation (D2RP&O)
- 18 Mar18th of March Henriette Bier and Sina Mostafavi participate in international symposium Les formes du digital at the Centre Pompidou
- 14 MarMarch 14th - June 19th Robotic Building team participates in the exhibition Imprimer le monde at the Centre Pompidou
- 14 Mar14 March 15:00h Lecture by Jose Sanchez: Architecture for the commons
- 14 MarKas Oosterhuis holds masterclass The How and Why of Parametric Design on Tuesday 14 March 16.00h during Design Days Dubai 2017
- 14 MarKas Oosterhuis exhibits his parametric Body Chair at Design Days Dubai 2017 from 14-18 March 2017
- 10 FebDr. Nimish Biloria appointed as Scientific Reviewer for the 2017 eCaaDe conference: Sharing of computable Knowledge, ShoCK!
- 06 FebFibrous Smart Material Topologies project to be exhibited at BouwBeurs 2017.
- 03 FebFriday 3 February 2017 at 9:45 in protoSPACE: Final Presentation MSc 1 Design Studio: Design-to-Robotic-Production (D2RP) for SMART Student Housing
- 24 JanHenriette Bier acts as reviewer for Elsevier Journal Automation in Construction
Joint PhD student Tiantian Du joins Hyperbody
Tiantian Du is a PhD candidate in Harbin Institute of Technology, who has a Master Degree in architectural design and theory in the same university. Currently she is a joint PhD student in Hyperbody. She is working on a thesis in architecture design in the early phase driven by the concept of "transitional space". Her research is on "Office Building Design Driven by 'Transitional Space' Using Genetic Algorithm". Transitional space plays an important role in the energy saving and sustainability of the building, especially for the office building. The research aims to set up a system about the relationship between "transitional space" and "architectural space", and apply the system in the architecture design. She is very interested in using the genetic algorithm to find the diverse design solutions with relative evaluation factors. Her research is for a period of 1 year.