- 15 AugCall for Papers for Next Generation Building, Vol. 4, 2017: Building-as-Apparatus or Cyber-physical Apparatization in/of Architecture
- 04 JulThesis defence Alireza Mahdizadeh Hakak: Enhancing [spatial] creativity
- 29 JunHenriette Bier is invited speaker at Border Sessions 2017 in Den Haag
- 28 JunH. Bier, R. Schmehl, S. Mostafavi, A. Anton and S. Bodea publish paper on Kite-Powered Design-to-Robotic-Production for Affordable Building on Demand
- 28 JunA.Liu Cheng, H. Bier, G. Latorre, B. Kemper and D. Fischer publish a paper on A High-Resolution Intelligence Implementation based on D2RP&O strategies
- 15 JunProf. Dr. Michael U. Hensel lectures on "Embedded Architectures and Information-based Design"
- 08 JunKas Oosterhuis lectures at De Persgroep Advertiser's Summit 2017 "De kunst van het onderscheiden"
- 01 JunHenriette Bier and Sina Mostafavi review student work on D2RP&O at Dessau Institute of Architecture
- 01 JunKas Oosterhuis lectures at Brain Bar Budapest 2017 "talking about the future"
- 12 MayDr Gennaro Senatore lectures on "Adaptive Structures: Infinitely Stiff, Extremely Slender, Ultra-Light Weight"
Jia-Rey Chang will deliver a lecture in LAVA-Axon Workshop "Kinetic Structure"
Jia-Rey Chang will deliver a lecture on 27th of July in LAVA-Axon workshop, Stuttgart, Germany. The theme of the workshop is called "Kinetic Structure"; hereby Jia-Rey Chang's will mainly focus on the topic of Kinetic, adaptive, transformable, and interactive architectural application in space within the lecture.
LAVA (Laboratory for Visionary Architecture) was founded in 2007 merging future technologies with the patterns of organization found in nature to build a smarter, friendlier, more socially and environmentally responsible future. The "kinetic sculpture" workshop will be the first in a future series of workshops and events where LAVA and its network of collaborators will open themselves to the outside world. The purpose of these workshops for LAVA is to explore new design methods and innovative technologies and at the same time widen their network.
LAVA-AXON and Bollinger+Grohmann will organize a week long workshop on kinetic structures. The aim is to fabricate a functional kinetic that can adapt to various acoustic functional scenarios. Acoustic (Pachyderm) and structural simulation software (Karamba) will be used as design input for the final developed design during the workshop. A final design will be manufactured by CNC and assembled during the workshop week. The workshop is open for both Students. One of the tutor was former HyperBody student: Matthijs la Roi.