- 25 Jun25 June Jia-Rey Chang lectures at Architecture Days Cluj-Napoca 2016 (Zilele Arhitecturii 2016). The lecture is entitled: "From interFACE to interACT"
- 23 Jun23 June - 1 July, Dr. Nimish Biloria presents Swarm Scapes and associated Swarm intelligence based research at the ICSI 2016
- 23 Jun23rd June, Henriette Bier lectures on D2RP processes and Kite-powered Robotic Building at the Rotterdam Academy of Architecture and Urban Design
- 21 JunProf. Kas Oosterhuis, Dr. Nimish Biloria and PhD candidate Sina Mostafavi lecture at KNAW-symposium "Next Generation Architecture"
- 20 Jun20-21 June Henriette Bier, Ana Anton and Serban Bodea participate in first workshop on Kite-powered Robotic Building Systems
- 20 Jun20 June Sina Mostafavi lectures at AA visiting school 2016 in Istanbul
- 07 Jun7-9 June Henriette Bier lectures and leads a seminar on Robotic Building as Design-to-Robotic-Production and Operation at Roma 3
- 06 Jun6 - 9 June, Dr. Nimish Biloria lectures and develops strategic research collaboration with Cardiff University, UK.
- 03 JunHyperbody showcases two interactive installations at IFoT 2016 Grand Finale
- 01 JunHenriette Bier presents Robotic Environments at ShellMech symposium
Dr. Nimish Biloria appointed as board member OCEAN Design Research Association
The OCEAN Design Research Association is a not-for-profit association registered in 2008 in Norway that conducts inter- and transdisciplinary research in design across creative disciplines. OCEAN is registered in the Norwegian Public Registry (www.brreg.no) under the Organisation Number 992 449 705.
OCEAN was initially founded in 1994 as a collaborative and interdisciplinary network focusing on research by design in architecture and urban design. Its scope was expanded in 1995 to include various other creative disciplines. From 1998 to 2008 the network operated as an experimental interdisciplinary design practice under the name OCEAN NORTH. During this period the network developed numerous high-profile projects that feature in the collections of FRAC - Fonds Regional d'Art Contemporain in Orléans, France, and the Prints and Photographs Division of the Library of Congress in the United States. Furthermore OCEAN works featured in several times in the Venice and Beijing Architectural Biennales, as well as other high-profile venues.
OCEAN integrates expertise in architecture and urban design, civil and structural engineering, advanced computational design, industrial design, musical composition, and system-thinking. OCEAN members also include master craftsmen with the aim to integrate the vocations in research activities that address entire production chains.
OCEAN members and honorary members are located in Australia, Canada, Chile, Denmark, England, Estonia, Norway, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, and the USA.
OCEAN collaborates with other research organizations, practices and educational institutions.