- 03 JulHyperbody's MSc 2 Robotic Environments projects exhibited at Science Centre and V2_
- 02 Jul Hyperbody's Robotic Building team participates with MSc 2 projects in the D2RP event taking place 2-4 July at V2_
- 27 JunLecture by Prof. Kas Oosterhuis at the Huazhong University of Science and Technology
- 27 JunAchilleas Psyllidis publishes a book chapter in Computer-Aided Architectural Design Futures: The Next City, by Springer
- 16 JunLecture by Prof. Kas Oosterhuis at Leibniz Universität Hannover
- 16 JunAchilleas Psyllidis wins the 1st Prize for his project ROUTE on Linked Open Data for Smart Cities
- 14 JunDr. Nimish Biloria appointed as a member of the OCEAN design research association
- 08 JunSmart Textiles Workshop: Hyperbody and Smart Textiles at the University of Borås
- 29 MayAchilleas Psyllidis's paper accepted for publication and demonstration at the 15th International Conference on Web Engineering (ICWE 2015)
- 29 MayKas Oosterhuis, Henriette Bier, Sina Mostafavi and Jelle Feringa lecture at InDeSem 15
- By: Xin Xia
- 4EA cognitive approach, interactive spaces, human, Shared Circuits Model, Embodied, embedded, enactive, extended mind, affective, multi-loop, active perception, experience
Paper presentation Xin Xia at the ENHSA/EAAE Conference - Rethinking the Human in Technology-Driven Architecture
ENHSA/EAAE Internationa Conference: Rethinking the Human in Technology-Driven Architecture is organized by the Center for Mediterranean Architecture, Technical University of Crete, Faculty of Architecture, at Chania, Crete, Greece, on 30-31 August 2011.
... Is it possible to find the human being in IT driven architecture? Is it possible to have an adaptive architecture in which the presence of the human being will be more influential and decisive? Can the contemporary technological means assure a value-based responsive architecture? Can we have an architectural production, which will not only reflect some of the abilities, constructions and properties of the alive, but will also be made to be receptive to the senses, the feelings, emotions and sensations of the human being which will inhabit it? Can we use advanced information technology to protect architecture from becoming a consumable, self-complacent object, fascinating for its elementary intelligence, admired for its advanced technical competences, attractive for its formal peculiarity but distant from those who are invited to appropriate it by investing in its spaces and forms feelings, aspirations, cultural attitudes, and values emerging from social life?
The conference will be structured upon the following four main sessions:
Re-thinking a critically responsive architecture.
Re-searching a critically responsive architecture.
Re-scripting and fabricating a critically responsive architecture.
Teaching a critically responsive architecture.
Fewer than 15 papers have been selected for a presentation slot of 20 minutes in a single session. Xin Xia's paper "A 4EA Cognitive Approach for Rethinking the Human in Interactive Spaces" is one of them.