- 09 OctAchilleas Psyllidis is giving a Master Class on SmartScapes
- 03 OctDr. Nimish Biloria will Lecture and Publish at the ENHSA Environment conference, Napoli, Italy
- 02 OctKas Oosterhuis speaker at Opening Symposium of Rotterdam BIMt
- 27 SepProf. Kas Oosterhuis will give a lecture at the E.N.S. d'Architecture Paris-Malaquais the 27th September at 6.30pm.
- 19 SepSina Mostafavi presents paper at eCAADe 2013 - Performance driven design and design information exchange
- 18 SepPaper presentation Jia-Rey Chang at eCAADe 2013 - HyperMorphology-Experimentations with bio-inspired design processes for adaptive spatial re-use.
- 09 SepDr. Nimish Biloria Lectures at the South China University of Technology
- 31 JulDr. Nimish Biloria Lectures at the MetaBody conference in Madrid, Spain
- 29 JulHenriette Bier speaker at Bridges 2013 in Enschede
- 18 JulMSc2 Hyperbody participates with two 1:1 prototypes RObow-tie and URhouse at Bridges 2013 in Enschede
New perception of virtual environments, Enhancement of creativity: Increasing dimension of design starting point
eCAADe 2011 Respecting Fragile Places
The main topics of the conference are recognition, development and encouragement of virtual space design which in a consequence respect the problematic of sensitive and even fragile places of our physical and virtual surroundings.
- How do we define the levels of fragility either in physical or in virtual space, or in any fluid architectural endeavours?
- How do we respect the diversity of spatial fragility levels while introducing new design interventions?
- What can be defined as a (eCAADe-) sensitive / responsive / responsible design intervention?
- How to develop physical and virtual laboratories for sensitive / responsive / responsible design interventions?
- How to promote sensitive / responsive / responsible design interventions as members of eCAADe and related communities?
- What is the future of physical and virtual environments, requiring the most sensitive and responsible design interventions?
eCAADe (Education and Research in Computer Aided Architectural Design in Europe) is a non-profit making association of institutions and individuals with a common interest in promoting good practice and sharing information in relation to the application of computational technologies in research and education for architecture and related professions. To further the general aims of the promotion of exchange and collaboration, eCAADe sets out to:
- Create an international information network about CAAD activities;
- Promote the exchange of staff and students between schools that undertake research and teaching in CAAD;
- Foster the creation of closer relations between education, research and practice;
- Establish contact with governmental, international and professional organisations and agencies.
- eCAADe has collaborated with these organisations to devise an exciting international journal for the field called the International Journal of Architectural Computing. Members of eCAADe and conference delegates receive preferential rates for subscription to this journal. We encourage you to both subscribe to the Journal and submit your work to be considered for inclusion in the journal.
The annual conference is a major source of information in this field and members have access to digital proceedings in the cumincad database.
Conference website: http://predmet.fa.uni-lj.si/ecaade2011/