- 21 SepAGILE FAB, Busting the last ghosts of modernism - Hyperbody organizes an international workshop taking place from 21-25 September 2015
- 16 SepThe Robotic Building Team of Hyperbody published a paper on "Design to Robotic Production System for Informed Material Deposition" @ eCAADe 2015
- 07 SepSocialGlass was the official real-time crowd-management platform for SAIL 2015
- 02 SepInteractive Architecture for Delft, lecture and debate by prof. Kas Oosterhuis @ Beta Balie Delft
- 02 SepDr. Nimish Biloria, in an interview with B Nieuws explains the intent and the novelty of the EU Culture project METABODY
- 24 AugSeamless Variation in Design to Robotic Production Processes
- 28 JulDr Nimish Biloria speaker at the Living Machines conference on Biomimetic and Biohybrid Systems, 28-31 July 2015, Barcelona, Spain
- 27 JulJia-Rey Chang will deliver a lecture in LAVA-Axon Workshop "Kinetic Structure"
- 14 JulHyperbody's METABODY team exhibits 1:1 real-time interactive installations at the METATOPIA public event taking place 14th - 25th July at Media Lab Prado, Madrid, Spain
- 09 JulAchilleas Psyllidis gives 2 presentations at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) for the purpose of CUPUM 2015
Organized by the independently established Hyperbody chair the new MSc track in Architecture on Non-standard and Interactive Architecture [NS&IA] has been launched in September 2008. The main goal of the program is implementing innovative architecture with state-of-the-art material and information logistics. In this context, Non-standard Architecture (NA) is defined as an architecture that departs from modernist, repetitive, mass-production principles in order to address complexity, variation, and mass-customization. Furthermore, interactivity in architecture (IA) is addressed at the level where building components and buildings become dynamic, acting and reacting in response to environmental and user-specific needs. Students without prior computing and software knowledge may join Hyperbody design studios and workshops that introduce students at MSc1 & MSc2 level to the basics of NS&IA, while advancing at MSc3 & MSc4 level expertise in parametric and scripting-based design for NS&IA. Worldwide renowned guest lecturers and tutors are joining for both theoretically inspiring lectures and practical workshops to be hosted in protoSPACE. Furthermore, Rapid Fabrication and Prototyping sessions held in protoSPACE allow students to build either scaled models or 1:1 components of their projects. Students from all semesters participate in provided vertical-studio activities, allowing for exchange of knowledge and experience between different student groups. Additionally, special shared activities are organized in connection to the newly formulated Interactive Environments Minor, organized in close cooperation with the faculty of Industrial Design.
Enrolment period education
The enrolment period for education of the spring semester of 2010-2011 will run from Monday November 22nd 11.00 am until Friday December 3rd 12.00 pm (midnight). If you want to participate in any education activities next semester, enrolment is compulsory. Be sure to enrol on time, because there is no possibility to enrol afterwards.
The enrolment programme will be available from November 22nd onwards on the BK Student Portal (http://bk.students.tudelft.nl).
Please note that there are admission requirements in the Master program. For more information see: http://www.tudelft.nl/live/pagina.jsp?id=e9390317-e321-4e46-a9de-96c394cee00e&lang=en