- 25 Jun25 June Jia-Rey Chang lectures at Architecture Days Cluj-Napoca 2016 (Zilele Arhitecturii 2016). The lecture is entitled: "From interFACE to interACT"
- 23 Jun23 June - 1 July, Dr. Nimish Biloria presents Swarm Scapes and associated Swarm intelligence based research at the ICSI 2016
- 23 Jun23rd June, Henriette Bier lectures on D2RP processes and Kite-powered Robotic Building at the Rotterdam Academy of Architecture and Urban Design
- 21 JunProf. Kas Oosterhuis, Dr. Nimish Biloria and PhD candidate Sina Mostafavi lecture at KNAW-symposium "Next Generation Architecture"
- 20 Jun20-21 June Henriette Bier, Ana Anton and Serban Bodea participate in first workshop on Kite-powered Robotic Building Systems
- 20 Jun20 June Sina Mostafavi lectures at AA visiting school 2016 in Istanbul
- 07 Jun7-9 June Henriette Bier lectures and leads a seminar on Robotic Building as Design-to-Robotic-Production and Operation at Roma 3
- 06 Jun6 - 9 June, Dr. Nimish Biloria lectures and develops strategic research collaboration with Cardiff University, UK.
- 03 JunHyperbody showcases two interactive installations at IFoT 2016 Grand Finale
- 01 JunHenriette Bier presents Robotic Environments at ShellMech symposium
- By: S. Mostafavi
- Agent-based systems, generative systems, Performance-driven design, Environmental analysis, Design information integration, ACADIA 2014, Design Agency, CECO (Climatic Ecologies)
Sina Mostafavi and Nimish Biloria from Hyperbody with Soungmin Yu from ZHA Published in ACADIA 2014, Design Agency
PhD Candidate Sina Mostafavi and Dr. Nimish Biloria from Hyperbody with Soungmin Yu from Zaha Hadid Architects Published in ACADIA 2014 Design Agency:
Multi-scalar Agent-based complex design systems
The case of CECO (Climatic-Ecologies) studio: Informed generative design systems and performance-driven design workflows
The paper illustrates the application of different types of complex systems for digital form finding and design decision making with underlying methodological and pedagogical aims to emphasize performance-driven design solutions via combining generative methods of complex systems with simulation techniques. The design research examples described in the paper are undertaken within the design studio titled CECO or Climatic-Ecologies, conducted at Hyperbody, TU Delft. The computational models explored within the studio include generative systems such as multi-agent system, cellular automata, recursive systems and L-system. The case studies presented in this paper show the early stages of the design development and the use of agent-based system at both macro, urban, scale to micro, architectural and structural scales, while considering environmental and local site conditions.