- 10 JanNew Research collaboration initiative between HIT and HyperBODY - Review of Prof. Mei's visit at HyperBODY
- 16 DecDr.-Ing. Henriette Bier and Phd-cand. Yeekee Ku publish paper on Generative and Participatory Parametric Frameworks for Multi-player Design Games
- 12 DecJia-Rey Chang's paper accepted for Ultra Bio- International Design Conference
- 11 DecProf. ir. Kas Oosterhuis and Dr.-Ing. Henriette Bier join the scientific committee of the ArchiDoct journal
- 04 DecProject proposal of Alireza Hakak accepted by VISIONAIR and he is invited to the Milan facility
- 28 NovTiny Apartment, Hyperbody MSc2 students present 1:1 prototypes in Rotterdam
- 14 NovHyperbody participates in METABODY 2nd EVENT, 14-18th November 2013, Dresden
- 06 Novprof. Kas Oosterhuis will lecture at CCDP, University of Technology, Sydney.
- 10 OctLecture on Environmental evaluation and Optimization by Mostapha Roudsari
- 09 OctKas Oosterhuis lectures 9 Oct 2013 at FEADship
Jia-Rey Chang will deliver a lecture in LAVA-Axon Workshop "Kinetic Structure"
Jia-Rey Chang will deliver a lecture on 27th of July in LAVA-Axon workshop, Stuttgart, Germany. The theme of the workshop is called "Kinetic Structure"; hereby Jia-Rey Chang's will mainly focus on the topic of Kinetic, adaptive, transformable, and interactive architectural application in space within the lecture.
LAVA (Laboratory for Visionary Architecture) was founded in 2007 merging future technologies with the patterns of organization found in nature to build a smarter, friendlier, more socially and environmentally responsible future. The "kinetic sculpture" workshop will be the first in a future series of workshops and events where LAVA and its network of collaborators will open themselves to the outside world. The purpose of these workshops for LAVA is to explore new design methods and innovative technologies and at the same time widen their network.
LAVA-AXON and Bollinger+Grohmann will organize a week long workshop on kinetic structures. The aim is to fabricate a functional kinetic that can adapt to various acoustic functional scenarios. Acoustic (Pachyderm) and structural simulation software (Karamba) will be used as design input for the final developed design during the workshop. A final design will be manufactured by CNC and assembled during the workshop week. The workshop is open for both Students. One of the tutor was former HyperBody student: Matthijs la Roi.