- 09 MayPh.D. Candidate Jia-Rey Chang will deliver a lecture titled as "Being immature" at the international conference of "Cultura Experimentala TDSOM"
- 08 May8th May 2017, Henriette Bier lectures at the SAWSA Open Lecture Series organised by the Welsh School of Architecture 2016/17
- 04 MayKas Oosterhuis is invited speaker at Mosque Design & Development Summit taking place 3-4 May in Dubai
- 03 MayHenriette Bier is co-founder and -editor of new Springer Series in Adaptive Environments
- 24 AprMonday 24th April 2017 at Dessau Institute of Architecture (DIA) : Midterm Review MSc 2 Design Studio D2RP&O
- 21 AprKas Oosterhuis lectures @ Craftsmanship in the Digital Age #2 Innovative Building Components
- 21 AprFriday 21st April 2017 at 14:00 in protoSPACE: Midterm Review MSc 2 Design Studio Interactive Acoustic Systems (IAS)
- 05 Apr5th April Henriette Bier gives inaugural lecture as visiting professor at Dessau Institute of Architecture
- 30 MarInterview with Henriette Bier and Sina Mostafavi published in Delta
- 27 MarKas Oosterhuis present at Discussion Panel and deliver lecture "Protospacing Prototyping" at TU Wien Research Day 2016/17
Each year Architecture faculties in the Netherlands select best graduation projects for submission to Archiprix at national level and two Hyperbody graduate projects were selected out of the total number of nine selected from the entire Faculty of Architecture, TU Delft. Both projects represent an utmost balance as regards the development of computational tools and techniques and their meaningful integration in design thinking. The projects not only showcased the usage of contemporary design tools and techniques to analyze and evaluate social, cultural as well as economic traits within respective locations but also thrive in deriving performance driven design solutions for complex environmental and technical challenges.
Besides this, both projects are also systematically prototyped in order to prove the real-life manufacturing and assembly of these complex non-standard geometries.
Oslo Aquarium by Roxana Palfi
Part of the Fjord City program, which aims to open the city towards the fjord and make the waterfront accessible to the public, the project addresses complex infrastructural, social, environmental as well as spatial issues within the Fjord line in the Bjorvika area of Oslo Harbor.
The project proposes a multidisciplinary approach, based on a series of bottom up digital procedures which aim to determine the optimal functional distribution and circulation within the building.
The output of the system is materialized into the basic floor plans and circulations of the Aquarium. The final shape is designed as a folded sequential system with variable openings/enclosures. Each structure line includes a complete component, which serves for: water management, solar energy generation, light and ventilation, leading to an environmentally efficient, spatially and structurally intense architectural object.
Warsaw Cultural Centre by Krzysztof Jakub Gornicki
The idea of the project derives directly from the urban structure of the city of Warsaw, where is a lack of proper city structure with geometry of streets and squares. Thus the form of the project starts from a bounding box of the site, shaped by following all the city regulations. Then this box is gradually eaten away at, based on the site characteristics and other parameters. It generates the final form which in some places still keeps original box shape, nicely filling the gap in the city. However some other parts are created being based on functional needs and local parameters.
The aim of the project was to test a new design approach were at every stage different computational procedure is developed to enrich the final result. In this case a couple of programs and scripts were written allowing the project investigation. The computational design was interwoven with traditional design methods, what was reinforcing final understanding of the urban and architectural problems. As a final result a prototype in 1:25 scale was built to show how precise the whole process was and proving that these tools can lead us till final materialization.