- 16 NovKas Oosterhuis keynote speaker at SCALELESSSEAMLESS - International Symposium on integrated planning processes
- 14 Nov McNeel Hackfest in protoSPACE
- 12 OctFabrication Based Design and RhinoVAULT workshop
- 11 OctBook launch presentation: Hyperbody, First Decade of Interactive Architecture
- 30 AugHenriette Bier @ Blankensee-Colloquium 2012 on Neighborhood Technologies
- 29 JunMSc1 reNDSM Design Studio Final Reviews @ NDSM loods
- 23 MayLunch Lecture by ROK partners Silvan Oesterle and Matthias Rippman
- 07 MayLecture: Digital Prototyping by Jeroen van Ameijde
- 07 MayHot-Cold Transition Workshop, protoSPACE, 7th - 12th of May 2012
- 23 AprLecture: Cognition, People and Design
Henriette Bier appointed as member of the scientific committee of CAAD Futures 2017: Future Trajectories of Computation in Design
The 17th Conference of CAADFutures (Computer Aided Architectural Design Futures) will be held in Istanbul in 2017 with the theme Future Trajectories of Computations in Design.
The conception of design today becomes more open, communicative and relational. Designers facing this new paradigm are ever active as they focus on the increasing complexity of planning processes, on innovation of new techniques and materials, and on producing multiple levels of abstraction and decomposition rather than on the basic application of a framed profession that is learned. For the designer in the multidisciplinary world of the 21st century, computation provides a powerful medium for the extension of understanding other disciplines.
In accordance with this global change in the field of design, the 17th CAADFutures seeks to establish a foundation for multidisciplinary thinking. The theme calls for relevant ideas from the domains of mathematics, computer science, biology, philosophy, etc. and introduces varying reflections and speculations on the future trajectories of computation in design as well as on the education of designers. In the continued progression of new ways of thinking, establishing such a discourse for the future of computation in design aims not only gathering latest research, design practice and pedagogical results but also to reveal the possible phenomena, factors and forces that will influence these trajectories in design with an exploratory perspective.