- 09 MayPh.D. Candidate Jia-Rey Chang will deliver a lecture titled as "Being immature" at the international conference of "Cultura Experimentala TDSOM"
- 08 May8th May 2017, Henriette Bier lectures at the SAWSA Open Lecture Series organised by the Welsh School of Architecture 2016/17
- 04 MayKas Oosterhuis is invited speaker at Mosque Design & Development Summit taking place 3-4 May in Dubai
- 03 MayHenriette Bier is co-founder and -editor of new Springer Series in Adaptive Environments
- 24 AprMonday 24th April 2017 at Dessau Institute of Architecture (DIA) : Midterm Review MSc 2 Design Studio D2RP&O
- 21 AprKas Oosterhuis lectures @ Craftsmanship in the Digital Age #2 Innovative Building Components
- 21 AprFriday 21st April 2017 at 14:00 in protoSPACE: Midterm Review MSc 2 Design Studio Interactive Acoustic Systems (IAS)
- 05 Apr5th April Henriette Bier gives inaugural lecture as visiting professor at Dessau Institute of Architecture
- 30 MarInterview with Henriette Bier and Sina Mostafavi published in Delta
- 27 MarKas Oosterhuis present at Discussion Panel and deliver lecture "Protospacing Prototyping" at TU Wien Research Day 2016/17
New perception of virtual environments, Enhancement of creativity: Increasing dimension of design starting point
eCAADe 2011 Respecting Fragile Places
The main topics of the conference are recognition, development and encouragement of virtual space design which in a consequence respect the problematic of sensitive and even fragile places of our physical and virtual surroundings.
- How do we define the levels of fragility either in physical or in virtual space, or in any fluid architectural endeavours?
- How do we respect the diversity of spatial fragility levels while introducing new design interventions?
- What can be defined as a (eCAADe-) sensitive / responsive / responsible design intervention?
- How to develop physical and virtual laboratories for sensitive / responsive / responsible design interventions?
- How to promote sensitive / responsive / responsible design interventions as members of eCAADe and related communities?
- What is the future of physical and virtual environments, requiring the most sensitive and responsible design interventions?
eCAADe (Education and Research in Computer Aided Architectural Design in Europe) is a non-profit making association of institutions and individuals with a common interest in promoting good practice and sharing information in relation to the application of computational technologies in research and education for architecture and related professions. To further the general aims of the promotion of exchange and collaboration, eCAADe sets out to:
- Create an international information network about CAAD activities;
- Promote the exchange of staff and students between schools that undertake research and teaching in CAAD;
- Foster the creation of closer relations between education, research and practice;
- Establish contact with governmental, international and professional organisations and agencies.
- eCAADe has collaborated with these organisations to devise an exciting international journal for the field called the International Journal of Architectural Computing. Members of eCAADe and conference delegates receive preferential rates for subscription to this journal. We encourage you to both subscribe to the Journal and submit your work to be considered for inclusion in the journal.
The annual conference is a major source of information in this field and members have access to digital proceedings in the cumincad database.
Conference website: http://predmet.fa.uni-lj.si/ecaade2011/