- 16 JulKas Oosterhuis will lecture at Canadian Centre for Architecture [CCA] in Montreal, Canada
- 08 JulKas Oosterhuis will lecture at ALIVE 2013 event at the ETH Zurich (copy 1)
- 27 AprKas Oosterhuis speaker at Building Dynamics Symposium in Calgary
- 22 AprDr. -Ing. Henriette Bier lectures at the Ethiopian institute of Architecture, Building Construction and City Development
- 05 MarAlireza Mahdizadeh and Dr. Nimish Biloria publish in the International Journal of Virtual and Personal Learning Environments
- 22 Feb Hyperbody. First Decade of Interactive Architecture in The Best Dutch Book Designs 2012
- 01 FebThesis defence: "Towards a methodology for complex adaptive interactive architecture"
- 21 NovRob|Arch 2012 - Conference Robot Workshop Rotterdam @ Hyperbody’s robotics lab
- 19 NovArticle "Interactive morphologies" by Nimish Biloria published in Frontiers of Architectural Research
- 19 NovJournal article "Simply complex, toward a new kind of building" by Kas Oosterhuis in FOAR
Hyperbody designs a SynSerre (Synergetic Greenhouse)
The heating and cooling of buildings is responsible for 40% of the total energy use and CO2 emission. Attaching a SynSerre to the building, e.g. the roof, reduces the heat loss of the existing building and at the same time reduces the cost of foundation and land for the greenhouse. Sincerely a synergetic solution! But will greenhouse farmers move to the roofs of buildings? Will transport of products be a problem? Can we combine with other functions? What will be the overall yearly cost and income of a SynSerre? Only a well-designed SynSerre prototype can answer these questions.