- 02 JulRobotically-driven Building initiated by Dr.-Ing. Henriette Bier has received funding from 3TU.Bouw and will be implemented in collaboration with CITG-TUD, TUE, ONL and Mebin
- 02 JulAchilleas Psyllidis is presenting at the 10th IEEE International Conference on Intelligent Environments (IE'14)
- 27 JunFinal presentation: MSc2 Inter-performing environments Design studio
- 12 JunAchilleas Psyllidis is guest lecturer at Second Nature summer school
- 03 JunLecture – Urban Informatics: Promises and Potentials by Achilleas Psyllidis
- 28 MayLecture: Architecture of Change by Branko Kolarevic in protoSPACE
- 28 MayInter-performing environments: update on Hyperbody MSc2 prototypes for the EU culture program Metabody
- 19 MayDr. Nimish Biloria appointed as Doctoral defence committee member at Ècole nationale supèrieure d'architecture Paris-Malaquais
- 14 MayDr. Nimish Biloria appointed as Scientific Committee member at the ICONARCH II, Innovative approaches in Architecture and Planning, Konya, Turkey
- 29 AprAchilleas Psyllidis's paper is accepted for the 10th IEEE International Conference on Intelligent Environments (IE'14)
25 June Jia-Rey Chang lectures at Architecture Days Cluj-Napoca 2016 (Zilele Arhitecturii 2016). The lecture is entitled: "From interFACE to interACT"
Architecture Days (Zilele Arhitecturii) is the most significant event organized entirely by students here, in Cluj-Napoca. It is the result of coordinated efforts of students of architecture, urban planning, arts and other related fields throughout Cluj-Napoca.
Our main theme for this year's lectures is 'Creative Research', a domain growing in popularity in Romania nowadays, but never sufficing in information. Our lectures aim to attract the attention of the public towards the knowledge gathered from interesting research projects in order to enrich the cultural and social life of our city. Our desire is to create the opportunity to present creative people and their ideas in an environment of open communication between students, architects, professors, local and international lecturers.
This year the event will take place between the 23rd and 26th of June 2016.
From InterFACE to interACT
The lecture will deliver essential notions of "Interactive Architecture". The contents include a brief introduction, the current architectural developments, the related technologies of Interactive Architecture. As a pioneer experimenting group in Interactive Architecture, the previous and current developing interactive projects of HyperBody Research Group will be mentioned and discussed along with the lecturer's Ph.D. research, the "HyperCell" project. The topic of the lecture will potentially reach to a challenging discussion of the proactiveness of an architecture related to body movement as one of the lecture's latest concern in Interactive Architecture.